Did Anyone Else Get Suckered With The "chemical Imbalance" Nonsense?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by matt1162, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I think misdiagnosis Isa common problem but that doesn't mean there are no actually depressed people in the world. there are people out there that do truly benefit from these drugs.

It's definitely irresponsible of your psychiatrists not to discuss possible other causes for your problems though. I think a lot of these people just get lazy and diagnose the same crap for almost everyone.

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I didn't say that. I'm sorry if I said something to upset you friend.

3. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Im cool, at least all the readers here know about Pete Early, spamming the internet posing as an "advocate" for the mentally ill. Go find a new hobby Pete Early. Write some more boring novels and leave us alone.

4. NonMonetizedMofo

NonMonetizedMofo Members

I was put on psych meds as a teenager in the late 80's as part of one of the first groups to fall victim to the whole "everyone has a mental illness" scam. They were really only going after the "troubled" kids back then, but everyone else came soon after! When you first start out on the medication train they sell it to you by saying it's just a little something to help you out and you won't need to take it forever...next thing you know you're on three or four different meds and they act as if you could never possibly live without it!! When I finally decided to get myself off all medications when I was 20 years old my psychiatrist was surprisingly condescending, and seemed terribly offended..acting as if I was in no way qualified to take control of my own body and to decide what does and doesn't go into it. It's well documented that psychiatrists are insecure as a group, Dr. Andrew Weil and others have written about it elsewhere. As part of a generation that trusted doctors completely, our parents were ripe for this scam.

5. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6TapDyT-mI[/media]
    This what was going on, NAMI the pharmacuitical marketing firm posing as a grassroots group using millions given to them by the drug companies doing everything they could to drug more kids.

6. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

This was the video I was wanting to share, saw the NAMI pharma one and had to post it but this one below is classic.
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKZXH7MOwjI[/media]
    Right after the four minute mark is where they trip all over themselves.

7. MADDENEDMAN

MADDENEDMAN Members

Yup, from 13 to sometime before 15, some of the most miserable years due in part to money sucking parasites

8. John1234567

John1234567 Members

My mother in law has a late life bi polar disorder that was most likely from early substance problems and an abusive marriage. Addictive personality types, like my self, know some people are more prone to lose ones marbles. Environmental stress, substance abuse and other factors can crack ones hold on mental focus

9. Nickapalooza86

Nickapalooza86 Members

Hey, I used to have very bad panic attacks and still do have sometimes crippling anxiety. I used to self medicate with just about everything under the sun. Went to the doctor and got on benzos and a daily anxiety drug because of my "chemical imbalance". Currently trying to wheen myself off of benzos and have been sober for 2 years. I wish I would have been smarter years ago and never started taking the benzos especially... It got to the point where I had to take them to just feel normal and my doctor basically said that was fine. Recently I have decided to take it into my own hands and use natural things to help my anxiety. Since I have reduced my xanax intake my mood has lifted and I have been feeling a lot better. Wish i was smarter when i was younger but you live and learn.

10. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

I'm confused.

I just addressed a post of yours on another forum where you admitted to being bipolar. You were asking if a relationship with a bipolar woman could work. Further, you admitted to having had depressive episodes in the past,and said she did as well. And we know that clinical and not situational depression is caused by a chemical imbalance. Usually a shortage of a neurotransmitter like Serotonin or Dopamine or GABA.

But now you seem to be denying that there's any such thing as a chemical imbalance in the brain. Which, of course there is, and which, of course again, causes bipolar disease.

So what's up, doc? You sound conflicted. Are you or are you not bipolar? Do you take medication? Did you not believe the woman was bipolar?

And as a guy who has his degree in Psychology and is married to a bipolar woman, I am pretty damned educated on this issue. Thus, I'd appreciate a no bullshit reply. That is, of course, entirely up to you sir.

Cool?

Sweet.

Thanks.

Cheers.