• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Ajay0

Ajay0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted November 28 2016 - 10:22 AM

I appreciate you taking my post seriously Ajay and concede that you do make some valid points.I like to to use Freud's concept of the "pleasure" principle and the "reality" principle as a reference point,if you are aware of those or would care to look them up.

Sounds interesting. Even therapists have therapists these days, and you can make a lot of money in this profession just by listening to some guy or gal talk their problems out and attribute it to their relationships with their parents.

When the robot mind is mastered, undisciplined thinking ceases and is replaced by awareness. Awareness can know love. You can only experience the new when you are aware, when you are without thought. -- Barry Long

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. -- Eckhart Tolle

#22 Ged

Ged

No Fantasy Required.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationLocal shit

Posted November 28 2016 - 10:31 AM

Well I am I suppose trying to find parallels between Western psychology and Eastern Mysticism.Except I am a little tired from work today to go into it right now.My girlfriend is in therapy and it works for her.I tried it and couldn't commit to it,didn't find it helpful.
"What has posterity ever done for me!" - Groucho Marx.

#23 Ajay0

Ajay0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted November 28 2016 - 10:38 AM

Well I am I suppose trying to find parallels between Western psychology and Eastern Mysticism.Except I am a little tired from work today to go into it right now.My girlfriend is in therapy and it works for her.I tried it and couldn't commit to it,didn't find it helpful.

Eastern psychology is quite ancient and advanced in itself.

However nothing beats meeting an enlightened master and seeing the possibilites for yourself.

When the robot mind is mastered, undisciplined thinking ceases and is replaced by awareness. Awareness can know love. You can only experience the new when you are aware, when you are without thought. -- Barry Long

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. -- Eckhart Tolle