American Women Are Killing Themselves More Than Ever!

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by StellarCoon, Nov 5, 2016.

1. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I've read that women have similar suicide attempt rates to men. They are just less often successful.

1 person likes this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

As a rough calculation 0.013% in any given year x average life expectancy of 86 years

1.2% of people that are born only end up killing themslves

Compared to all the ones that end dying becuase of chronic disease or road fatalities, who gives a shit about 1.2%

3. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Because many of us feel it is our moral and intellectual obligation as social, healthy, human beings to study and understand these phenomena, the reasons why people destroy themselves, whether it be natural or artificial in origin, regardless of how low the figures may be, but especially when they sky-rocket for no "apparent" reason, although I think many of us know the real reason why, at least for this case...

1 person likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Only two things you need to get through the night.

Love and .45. One will kill ya, the other keep you alive.

1 person likes this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Places like MGTOW are full of guys that are just the male versions of the "feminists" they are complaining about

I wont directly link it, but there is a thread about when women have lied to you

The vast majority of replies, from self proclaimed nice guys, go along the lines of: She lied to me about not liking some certain sex act. but then went and did said sex act with some other guy (who wasnt a whiney little douchebag)

1 person likes this.
  6. Becky_goes_Rawr

Becky_goes_Rawr Members

Considering that In the United States, the male-to-female teenage suicide death ratio is estimated at 3:1 and that typically males die from suicide three to five times more often than females - maybe this is what equality looks like...

The gender paradox of suicidal behavior varies by country but statistically males consistently die by suicide far more frequently than do females; however the prevalence of suicidal thoughts was higher among females than it was among males.

Sources if you're curious:

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6013a1.htm?s_cid=ss6013a1_eSuicidal

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1943-278X.1998.tb00622.x/abstract?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false

7. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Sure. Whatever.

You are denying reality. That's okay, half of the people on Earth do this. No big deal.

8. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

If I were in that 1.2%, I'd like to be given a damn about. How about you?

2 people like this.
  9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Everytime I come across something about this matter (wether I read it somewhere or it gets highlighted on the news, or background news) it says male suicide numbers are higher. Not sure though, and maybe the 'succes' you mention is key here. Or maybe it is just the differerence in location.

Anyway, with emancipation and the accomplishment of equal rights and opportunities for both sexes also comes the pressure to live up to it of course. Likely has something to do with the rise in numbers among women. Probably a combi of different factors in the end. To put it just on a combi of feminism and the lack of external validation from men after a certain age is of course rather typical. I agree with others it says more about the threadstarter than women in general.

10. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Now that's a worthy bump...

12. Scratched

Scratched Members

Some of the are pricing themselves right out of the market.

1 person likes this.
  13. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

The trick for guys is stick exclusively to casual relationships with women, never commit or do LTR, and whatever you do never ever get married. It works well for me, zero responsibilities with all of the benefits.

1 person likes this.
  14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Some of the increased suicides may be linked to an increase in alcohol use by women in the last 100 years. Men historically have drank at higher rates than women, but by the close of the 20th century those rates were about the same. Of course, it may be mainly correlation rather than causation, but I would bet it goes both ways.

• Alcohol is involved over a quarter of all suicides in the US (approximately 7500 per year).
    • Suicide is 120 times more prevalent among adult alcoholics than in the general population.
    • Alcohol abusers have higher rates of both attempted and completed suicide than non-abusers.
    • More than one-third of suicide victims used alcohol just prior to death.
    http://www.newsweek.com/alcohol-consumption-drunk-women-men-study-gender-gap-516277

http://www.mces.org/pages/suicide_fact_alcohol.php

1 person likes this.
  15. sickgirl

sickgirl Members

My (American) society is no doubt a patriarchy. Men dominate everything. They make more money than us women, they own more land and property, they dominate almost every profession out there, they control the media, and the media has a huge influence on society, and the way us women think and perceive ourselves. The male run media subconsciously and consciously tells us that we are never pretty enough, sexy enough, etc. That messes with our minds and creates low self esteem among us. I think it's great if other women do not feed into that bullshit, but I do believe that many of us do. Domestic violence, rape, sexual harassment, abuse, etc. effects millions of women all over the world. Women in countries like India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and more are horribly oppressed. I feel that sometimes us women are treated like second class citizens. Everything is based on the way we look. How we are treated is based on our appearance. Men can be fat and/or ugly and it's perfectly fine. Us women are critiqued constantly on our outward appearance. Essentially, everything I have mentioned could make a woman suicidal. There are many more hardships that us women exclusively have to deal with. It is not easy to be a female. Some men treat us as if we are their property, and not as human beings. It really saddens me to hear about my sisters killing them selves. I can see why some women have so much trouble living in this patriarchal society. Now we have a president who is a proven misogynist. The mere fact that he won the presidency could be enough to drive some women mad! Until men start to treat us women as total equals, life for us will always be a challenge...

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

And yet you started another thread about going to germany, paying some guy, an s&m "master", to tell you what to do, and give physical abuse

??????