Strain Out A Gnat , Swallow Down A Camel.

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Bilby, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

In the mid 1980s, I used to attend a large full gospel church located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. One sermon the pastor expressed his distaste about young people engaging in the mating game. That pastor retired a few years ago. If he is still alive, he would have his pension paid for by people in the workforce who were born as a result of the mating game back in the 1980s he was so disgusted with.
    In all the time I was in that church I never heard anyone talk about the importance of meaningful human relationships. Even worse, I never heard anything about it is wrong to play or break a young girl's heart or play with one else's heart. I find it ironic that Michael Jackson who was an alledged pedophile, had the words in the Billie Jean song,
    ''And don't go around breaking young girls' hearts."
    He had more moral fiber than any church in this respect. Furthermore, churches say that rock music is the work of Satan.
    I admit to have broken and played with young girl's heart when I was younger and it gave me bad karma. I just did not know any better and neither did the church.My life could have been quite different. I have written but unsent to the females concerned.

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Recently many "happy" Christian churches have embraced rock music. They even have Christian rock music stations.

Thinking back......I remember back in 1964 or so when we got a new young priest in our little Italian American church and he introduced folk music to the mass. Probably one of the first in the nation. He got someone to play a guitar and sing Michael, Row the Boat Ashore or something like that.

He didn't last too long. They sent him off to South America.