Uk Question = Us Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Billyx1120, Oct 30, 2016.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yet there are people in the picture protesting so I never got that meme. And it's not true anyway. If anything I hear more people protesting these things than anything else.. on internet anyway.

3. WOLF ANGEL

Perhaps "No one says a word" is somewhat inaccurate - there are a number of those Protesting about the Ethical Justification (similar to what is happening in the UK with 'Fracking' - Especially when the Government going to overturn local Political decisions/thoughts and wishes!)
    It is more a feeling of Anger towards a Society that puts Profits before People - in either Religious/Faith or society status regard
    - I'm interested to know, how the Revolutionary Spirit in folk - especially amongst the younger element stirs.
    Is it still strong? or have we become acceptant that this is the cost that living the Modern world lifestyle demands?

1 person likes this.
  4. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

American burial grounds are moved and built on all the time.
    Didn't you watch 'Poltergeist'?

5. WOLF ANGEL

Yes - and look what happened there!

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Don't forget Pet cemetary! Oh no, I'm wrong: it didn't got moved, it just got re-used for pets.

7. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

There are too many misconceptions about this issue. For one, most of the people protesting are not local Native Americans, they're outsiders coming to stir the pot or otherwise get into the newspapers/arrested to gain street cred and maybe start getting into those paying protest gigs. They're coming in from all over the world, even Russia.

The local Native Americans have been discussing this pipeline for 2 years. It's not a new issue. And while pipelines are an easy target for accusations of leaking and polluting, the alternative being used right now is rail cars which have a far worse record for leaking, but train tracks and their easements are private (sometimes government) property. So leaks are not such a public thing.

Pipelines aren't just a long tube of metal elevated on supports. They're double-walled with heating and leak detection equipment in the interstitial space. And if you look on the web for pipeline maps of the US you'll see that gas and oil pipelines are already all over the country and have been for decades. If anything we should welcome newer pipeline technology and get the old stuff replaced or removed as soon as we can.

I realize that there's a deep hatred for oil, I share it. But I know our present infrastructure is still tied to it and will be for many decades to come. There's no such thing as just "switching" to solar/wind/tidal power. And hydroelectric has been implemented very well in the US for over a century already. We're married to oil, but change is coming.

Knowing what I know about trains, I'd rather have the stuff in a pipe. But, think about who owns the trains and who owns the oil being shipped on the trains. I'd be willing to bet most of this has been stirred up by corporate interests and the protesters are just being used.

3 people like this.
  8. WOLF ANGEL

Good to hear feedback on this - please keep it up - It's the only way one gets to be Educated :)

9. WOLF ANGEL

(Albeit Facebook) Friends tell me they are en route to travel to and engage with those at Standing Rock - Ah the Wonderful World on the InterWeb - one can't beat bona-fide first hand accounts

10. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Just so you're aware Wolf Angel, farmers here locally have pulled up stones of entire old American graveyards and plowed them up and made grain harvest fields from them.
    Our local Geneological Society is currently dealing with one about five miles from here right now. Stones all thrown in a nearby woods, broken, etc.
    A few ancestors of my family are among these. Isn't just the Indians...although quite likely one of them is. My great-great grandmother (Cherokee).

Quite a few local folks are not happy about this, nor local historians.

2 people like this.
  11. WOLF ANGEL

Thanks for the info magickman, Facts are always the cornerstone of Educational Awareness
    The test of time, it seems, is out balanced by the Opportunity for Profit by those who have no respect for historical reverence

1 person likes this.
  12. WOLF ANGEL

13. WOLF ANGEL

14. WOLF ANGEL

Seems to have gone quiet on the media front on this - perish the thought of media control