Feds Allow Tribes On Reservations To Grow Cannabis

Discussion in 'Front Page Stories' started by ZenKarma, Oct 28, 2016.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

actually in the states that have legalized recreational use, alcohol consumption and alcohol related accidents/incidents have gone down, and MJ use has gone up considerably.
    The VAST majority of MJ users are adults, not teens.
    In reality drug usage among teens has been on a steady decline across the states overall for about a decade now.
    there are some pockets of increased use and areas, such as prescription opiates, but overall teen drug use is down.

educate yourself before you accept outdated assumptions/stereotypes
    especially if you are going to mindlessly repeat them ;)

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

we have some pretty good dispensaries here in Ca.
    I've settled on one that always has good prices ($10 a gram for flowers as they call it anything over 3.5 grams or more, regardless of the quality) and lots of edibles and concentrates/oils.
    Plus all the girls that work there absolutely LOVE Buddy. I used to leave him in the car when I went in, then one of the girls asked me to bring him because she wanted to see him, it was love at first sight...LOL
    The majority consensus of all the girls who work there is that he is a very huggable doggy and whenever I go if he is with me I'm there an extra 15 minutes at least because they all want to cuddle him...LOL

the only thing lately is since recreational became "sorta legal" in Jan., they can be busy with a full waiting room and Buddy still gets kinda sketchy around lots of people, thinks he needs to protect me.
    Had to take him out one day because he just took a dislike to some guy waiting and started the whole low growl, fur raised, gonna rip your throat out attitude towards this guy.

Oh well, guy was prolly a dickwad rapist or something, Buddy is a pretty good judge of character....LOL

glad you can get good legal medicine there, rolling. [​IMG]

3. flyinaround

flyinaround Guest

Yeah, Buddy. Dogs are so cool. :sunglasses: Yeah, yeah... I know. Old thread, but wth, eh? Better than nothing, I say. :wink:

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol @ the religious discussion that was going on in this particular thread :grinning:

Sometimes you hate hipforums for all the off topic convos and sometimes you can't help but love it for it :-D Esp when NoxiousGas partook in them :)

Lynnbrown likes this.
  5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I really miss him. :(

I don't know what happened, and I'm sure I'd be told I don't want to know :rolleyes:

But I bet it was stupid...same as the dude that was the tree guy that quit posting - Wizardofodd (or something similar to that). I'd bet almost anything it was over an inane ridiculous reason that somebody ran their mouth at him, or he was banned or something ignorant is what happened to him...and he was one of the nicest people here. smh

Asmodean likes this.
  6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

He threw an anger tantrum and crossed the line. But I think he's unbanned atm and could start posting again if he wanted to :) I assume he's just busy 'irl'. Hope rl is treating him well

Lynnbrown likes this.
  7. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

It would be great if they would legalize it.
    I actually went to the only women's prison in CT for having a few plants out back.
    I got bailed out by my dad (this was in 2005) but that was a really bad week.
    Bob got 2 years but only served 2 months.

ZenKarma likes this.
  8. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

I am so sad to hear this Amgelmama... the drug wars have cost countless lives and destroyed thousands of families here in the USA. It's even worse in other places worldwide... the abominations in the Phillipines, the death sentences in Thailand

the oppression rages on while the movement for legalization slowly lurches forward in some areas, it retreats in others.

9. Angelmama

They have been talking about legalizing weed for years here.
    It did suck to be in prison, though, even for a week.
    Since there is only the one women's prison, though, this gentle hippie was put in with murderers.
    As I am nearly 6 feet tall I was not harassed, though, despite the big peace sign tattooed on my wrist!

~Zen~ likes this.
  10. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Pot has been legal in Washington for some time now. It’s really a non-issue here, no deluge of problems as the naysayers warned. If those from the states where delusional ideas about legalization hold sway could spend a little time in Washington State they might be convinced and legalize pot tomorrow

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    ~Zen~ likes this.
  11. Angelmama

Stoned folks don't go out to rape and rob people.
    They stay home and watch TV or play on the computer (or phone), and order takeout and pizza!
    I resent people stereotyping me!
    Oh yeah...i have cousins in Washington State. In Everett.

~Zen~ and themnax like this.
  12. Angelmama

Hello.

Bible thumper here.
    It's true that Jesus turned water into wine as His first miracle.
    It is also true that when He was a child, one of the gifts given to Him by the magi was myrrh

Myrrh, the hardened sap of a tree whose name I don't recall, was a widely used drug at that time; a sedative, also used to treat infection of all kinds---even syphilis and leprosy!
    Man was given approval by God to make use of all plants as food and as medicine.
    I have no problem with marijuana, although I no longer use it.
    It's all good

~Zen~ and granite45 like this.
  13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if the rez were as autonimously soverign as the feds want to pretend they're allowing it to be, they would have no bussiness telling the people who's rez it is,
    what they could or could not do of anything.

not saying everything like this isn't good news however.

14. ~Zen~

Well this was a few years back, I have to check up on what the situation is now... it varies from state to state.

15. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Actually, reservations must comply, with federal, not state laws. Pot is legal in Arizona, but not on the Gila River, or Navajo reservations.

~Zen~ likes this.
  16. ~Zen~

Yes, you are right about that!

Hopland tribe in Mendocino County found out quickly when they get eradicated. Sad.

17. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

and in 2005, the feds raided the Modoc reservation. It’s too bad the reservations are not truly autonomous. That’s a subject for another thread.