Chelsea Manning And Transgender Rights

Discussion in 'Front Page Stories' started by skip, Oct 28, 2016.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Chelsea Manning (formerly known as Bradley Manning) has written an essay on Transgender and Civil Rights.
    It turns out that even while still in the military, Chelsea was secretly undergoing the transgender process.
    Now she wants full recognition from the US government as a female.

In her essay, Chelsea describes some of the difficulties faced by transgendered persons.
    The most serious issues are not being recognized legally as transgendered and the discrimination that is felt.

Chelsea is in prison serving a 35 year prison sentence for sending classified diplomatic information to Wikileaks.
    She legally changed her name after she was sentenced.We’re banned from serving our country in the armed services unless we serve as trans people in secret, as I did.

We should all have the absolute and inalienable right to define ourselves, in our own terms and in our own languages, and to be able to express our identity and perspectives without fear of consequences and retribution. We should all be able to live as human beings – and to be recognized as such by the societies we live in. - Chelsea Manning

Read More

Painting above is an idealized portrait of Chelsea Manning - how she views herself.
    Here is how she looked as Bradley Manning.

[​IMG]

Click here to view the article

2. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm really disgusted with what this traitor did, and yet this bastard was given gender reassignment surgery, which is a waste of tax payers hard earned money, and a presidential pardon by President Obama??? WTF?!

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

I've always wanted to say that... Thank you!

Eric! likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Why do you see Manning as a traitor, morrow?

5. morrow

morrow Visitor

Because he put people in danger, and why? What did any one gain from it?

Eric! likes this.
  6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Manning is right about everything...except for leaking classified information.

Unacceptable.

7. Asmodean

Its easier to accept when you're not american :p

8. buddhabelly420

buddhabelly420 Banned

i am glad she is free, and i will never ever see her as a trator or an enemy of the USA, it is important that wistle blowers are protected. i dout that any soliders life was put at risk by the information leaked, yet it showed how war crimes where being commited in iraq by the ocupation. to me she is a hero as is edward snowden.

snowtiggernd and unfocusedanakin like this.
  9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

whistleblower is just another word for snitch

Eric! likes this.
  10. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

His sentence was commuted. Obama didn't actually pardon Manning. A semantics debate to an extent, but a pardon means that the crime is expunged from someone's record. Technically speaking, it never happened. Manning's record still stands.

1 person likes this.
  11. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh ok. I feel much better. I've got to make it a habit to do a little more extensive research (like I used to). News channels put out half truths just for the sake of getting a story. I appreciate it.

12. cindywarble

cindywarble Members

im curious can women become men though?

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm taking a gender studies course in college. It discusses a multitude of things; one of them being transgender individuals. While I don't claim to be the authority on these matters, one thing I learned is that yes there absolutely are female to male transgender people. I would post a video but I don't think it's necessary for our purposes. There is one guy I've seen on YouTube, Rocco, who you would never know used to be a woman.

It's sort of interesting the way the mind has been conditioned to have certain expectations about behavior according to gender... I was surprised to find that I was actually able to accept that Rocco is just some guy rather than some trans-guy or other. At the end of the day they're just people with their own unique struggles and personalities. :)

14. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

"Gender Studies"

LOL.

WritersPanic and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  15. soulcompromise

You like that one? :)

It's a fabulous course. We discuss a ton of stuff. You'd be surprised how much we take for granted.

What I mean is that some of the gender stuff is so built into our day to day lives that we don't even take notice of it. Like how women have longer hair than men for example. I know... not the most fascinating example.

Anyway, it's legit. Don't hate PR. lol

EroticaWriter likes this.
  16. Asmodean

I guess PR ridicules it because he assumes the system is planning on making it an obligatory study field for everyone, like in highschool or something. But in sociology it is of course a legit field of study. If he thinks not, i would like to hear why.

Figgnewton and soulcompromise like this.
  17. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Within modern day college courses and areas of study, there is a minefield of disciplines to avoid as they not only offer no marketable skills for the workforce, but they make graduates come out dumber and less prepared for the real world than when they started. Gender Studies is one of them.

Figgnewton, Varmint and Eric! like this.
  18. Asmodean

Have you ever considered these studies/classes/courses aren't primarily supposed to improve skills for the workforce? Is every field of study that doesn't useless in every way? Maybe to you as a non intellectual :-D

19. cindywarble

cindywarble Members

im curious though how did she get a working penis?
    EDIT: or was it just that cheap pisser?

20. soulcompromise

@cindywarble, not all transitions involve surgeries. Hope this helps.