Nazis Stole The Logo From Krit Motor Cars

Discussion in 'History' started by Fueled by Coffee, Oct 22, 2016.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Nationalist movements were already using the sun wheel meets cross formation. Likely it was a birds of a feather situation.

I've been in the Albuquerque building with the Dine swasticas. I've seen houses from the 19-teens in the US with the image in tile work.

Likely the car company was pulling Native use. Popping to the entry on KRIT, it mentioned the emblem was blue.

1 person likes this.
  2. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

All a swastika is is half a square with a + sign in the middle anyway, or a square with the four corners rotated 90 degrees.

3. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

The US Army's 45th Infantry Division wore the swastika as their unit patch until 1939. It was chosen because there was a large number of Native American Indians serving in the Division. It was replaced with a Thunderbird patch due to the rise of the Nazi party

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Maybe Hitler chose the swastika because it is an old Indian symbol,and he knew the original Aryans came from India.

5. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

I was aware of that natzis stole the symbol of good to their own, but I didn't know, that it was so commonly used in the turn of that century.
    So thanks OP for this thread. And after googling, I don't think that Hitler stole the Krit-symbol...more likely they stole it from the companies like Asea or Carlsberg.
    Carlsberg started using it 1881 and Asea 1890!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Wrong.
    That's a CocaCola symbol!

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the one thing i think we can all agree on, is that his appropriation of it is both an historical tragidy and an historical fact.

the norse path does seem probable for both the car symbol and hitler.

it was of course, long before cars were invented, and possibly even before the norse were using it, buddhist in asia.

which makes me wonder about ghigis khan. could the norse have gotten it from the chinese/indian by that route?

i'm not sure the time fraime fits. just making a wild speculation here.

back before that, when everything was from nature and organic, streight lines and right angles, would have been something pretty special.

possibly as a way for a culture or belief to demonstrate that it could draw them.

as long as there are people who think they want what they think hitler wanted, its probably best though, to just leave the damd thing alone.

8. Toasted Oats

Toasted Oats Members

Thanks so much for this! Been a car freak and race driver for over 50 years and never heard of them. My research shows that they were fine cars.

BTW, Oliver Hardy wants his mustache back!

aaa.jpg

aa.jpg