We Must Abolish Society.

Discussion in 'The Media' started by sonatadusk, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You guys obviously can't abolish society as a whole. It is just some kind of wishful thinking... or hopeless thinking :p

Change society, not abolish it. If it seems hopeless and you don't know where to start because 'nothing will change for the better anyway' or something, just look at the past when common folks were literally dying in order to chance society and of which we are still reaping the benefits.

2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

"There is no such thing as society" - Margaret Thatcher - speech in Zurich, 1977.

Well, I don't agree with Mrs.T's sentiments there. We're social animals and some form of society is inevitable. What we have now appears to be something of a mess, but it could be changed, even if the way to change it isn't always clear.
    But it's reasonably clear that only action by people who want change will do it. Too many just complain and don't make any actual effort to change things. Maybe because they're too comfortable living in their little bubble.

3. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Deformed isn't enough. We need someone like Sid Vicious who can make anti-social behavior respectable!

4. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Fine!
    *flaps a table*

5. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

This is definitely one fucked up culture we live in these days.

Hollywood free-for-all culture is celebrated. One has to be "extreme" to get enough people's attention to attempt to hold Political office. Running against a pathological liar.

Some people, it seems are just more entitled to the perks of the world. The difference is who you know/who you blow (old American saying) that we are all too familiar with.
    ...and it's true.
    If I want to fire up some weed, I should be able too. At least I won't be belligerently drunk and causing general mayhem. I'll be happy, and so will you.

Feminist entitlement? BS...prove that you're worth it. Be decent. Be sociable. Be helpful. Be fun. Without degrading others.

Raise our kids to have respect and be accountable for their actions.

Be true hippies. Love one another. Light up and be happy. (a song from Styx...)