The Average Body

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by abarambling, Oct 18, 2016.

1. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I have an average body.
    It's not skinny or fat.
    Thin or thick,
    Curvy or elongated.
    It's just average.

I fully understand the disadvages of having one or the other. I've been the quiet one in many girl groups in which many girls that have one body type or the other would find negativity about having such a body, and it's not just experiencing negative thoughts and feelings, but they also would express how they have experienced negativity through other people for having such a body type. The same goes for me. The difference is, though that I'm not experiencing the things that goes alongside having one or the other body type. I'm experiencing all those negative experiences because I am everything inbetween. I am, but I'm not skinny/fat, thin/thick, curvy/elongated, etc... depending on the person and their standards of what these words look like.

So, it sucks, lol. I wish I was one or the other, so that I can deal with all the disadvantages that goes alongside that one body type. And most especially engulf myself in all the advantages of having that one body type. Because being of a smaller body type is beautiful, and being of a larger body type is beautiful.

By the way, I loathe the terms above, so I try my best to use the term "smaller body type" or "larger body type". That can still be insulting to some people because it might still be restricting, but I feel like it's the most general term that I can come up with.

Anyways, going back on topic... I'm not just saying that everyone is beautiful because "everyone is beautiful", blah the fuck blah. Even though everyone actually is. And not in "their own special way". Bitch, please... back the fuck off with that shit. Humans are beautiful, regardless of social standing, because they're powrerful. My idea of beauty is power, strong energy, and shit like that. And humans are very powerful. Definately not the most powerful. And not in the sense of oppression type of powerful. But, powerful within their own right.

But, again going back on topic. These two body types are actually beautiful by societal standards. That's what I was trying to say way above up there. Sure, the smaller size still has a head start, because that form of beauty has been the ideal form for such a long time, but the other form is making a comeback. Is it comeback? Because they used to be back in the day highly considered in society. So, I think it's a comeback. I don't think it's revoluntary to think this form is beautiful, because it's been beautiful before. Basically, both body types have their moments in society. And here are average people, being average, lol. Too thin to be curvy, but too curvy to be thin.

Yup.

Anyways, that's it.

Have a nice day.

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Yeah that sucks....being of normal and probably healthy weight, instead of being skinny or big/fat.
    I am sorry you have to go through this :-/
    Stay strong.

xoxo

3. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I just wish I was one or the other. I know a lot of girls want to be thin, but I'll give being one or the other, because society mostly considers one or the other. Not just in beauty, but in clothing. Like, seriously. Come on now.

This thread was just late night thinking because doggie woke me up really late, with a hurting paw. Two days of suffering.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's not curvy or big or fat, it's "cuddly around the edges". :)

A woman on a swinging site described herself this way, and I thought it was a good expression. She ended up being super nice too which just increased her attraction even is she was cuddly around the edges.

5. abarambling

abarambling Banned

See, that's the thing... if she claimed herself as average, then she wouldn't be 'cuddly around the edges' nor the opposite of that. She would indeed be average. But, people want every woman to be in one or the other group, when THERE IS A THIRD GROUP. Also, why do we need grouping in the first place?

Everyone advocates for healthy living, but only a few actually practice what they preach. Even when I was really sick a few months back, and I think I made a few posts about being in the 90s, I still was average looking due to being so short, but by my doctor's standards it was getting to be too low. So, here were people thinking I look average, which really means being one or the other group... depending on what that individual person considers is thin and what is curvy, but I was actually sick.

It's all just annoying, to be honest. But, it's whatever. It's life. *kicks rock and has head down* It's not the worse thing in the world. It only affects our self image, and self worth. That's not a big deal.

6. TallyT

TallyT Members

YOU are annoying.

7. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I'm sorry you feel that way. Hopefully, it's a fleeting experience, and not a permanent one.

8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Then lose or gain some weight.
    Stop eating or eat more.

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I don't understand this thread

10. abarambling

abarambling Banned

It's not that easy to lose or gain weight if your body wants to lean a certain way. We all have a 'default body' of sorts, you know that. I naturally lose weight, but that is damaging due to my illnesses, And I tried gaining weight, but I couldn't because my body leans to losing weight, and looking and/or staying average, because you know looking a certain weight isn't the same as being that actual weight. Also, you're not going to understand it, because it's either one way or the other. That's the only type of thinking we have of the female body. You're either fat and every word that basically means fat, or you're skinny and every word that basically means skinny. There is no in between.

11. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

No, there are a lot of types of the female body

12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

This is such a non-issue, to have an average body

13. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Well, if that is what you think, okay. But, that was the point of this thread. That there is no in between, and I don't think there is many body types. I think it always falls in one group or the other. I see it all the time in social media, and just in person. It happens to me. I've seen it happen to other girls.

14. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I hope you and those other girls make it, must be very tough

15. abarambling

abarambling Banned

If women who have a smaller body type can complain, and women that has a larger body type can complain, why can't the people who are average complain? It's within your right to complain about anything, and make it an issue, because that's a personal choice. If you don't think it's an issue, fine. But, this is an issue to me. And that's it.

16. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Oh come on... don't go passive aggressive with your comments. It's not that big of a deal.

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Lol read your posts.

And I'm not skinny or big either, and have a normal body.
    Boo fucking whoo.

18. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I never stated this was, or wasn't a big deal for me. I even at the beginning in your first passive aggressive post that I graciously ignored, stated that it was just fleeting thoughts I had after being awoken by the dog with a hurting paw. Come on, it's not that big of a deal that you have to be passive aggressive. Just disagree and move on. Of course, like I stated in my other post you can make an issue of whatever you want. So, if you want to make it an issue, fine.

19. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

you claim there are two body types, fat and skinny, and no in betweens (oh and then there's the average) but even in your first post you mentioned elongated and curvy.
    plus there are much more

20. abarambling

abarambling Banned

No two people are going to agree on everything.
    This is just one of those times for us.