Being Ugly Blows.

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Cerode, Oct 10, 2016.

1. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Yea, I don't agree.
    I think it's luck and your willingness to put time and effort in.

2 people like this.
  2. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

So you are a user and not a contributor to society. The folks that I hang around with still believe in you get what you earn. I've made a very nice life by working my ass off. I have more than some and and not as much as others, guess what, I could care less.

1 person likes this.
  3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Your'e A "Class Act" Dude............................................................NOT.

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  4. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Hardly anyone is a 'contributor' these days.

I am married to a farmer though, probably more of a 'contributor' than anyone else on this forum, and classed by her own society as worthless

5. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I think my 35 years and going, working at a wastewater treatment plant would put me into the contributor category. I come from a long line of farmers, I hardly consider HER worthless.

6. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Funny thing is, those who actually do something worthwhile are the lowest paid considered to be at the bottom of western society.

While bankers, media, and office workers are considered much higher despite them being parasites.

7. Cerode

Cerode Guest

Some of the answers I got in this thread are truthful yet terribly depressing at the same time. Still, I'm getting a "sux doo0000000d" vibe. I will admit that in my younger years my thought process was swayed by feel-good movies where there's some sort of karmic balance in the universe that makes sure all the bad guys get theirs and the good guys get every single thing they wanted just for being... "the good guy". Though I learned this wasn't the case when I graduated high school as an invisible nobody and didn't hook up with the girl I was really crushing on.

What I'd give to make these good-looking users of oxygen a chance to feel like an ugly person for at least a day, so they get some perspective. I wish PSA's would just randomly come on TV to let people know about this stuff. I guess it doesn't help that I'm mildly socially retarded - granted I can still functions in front of other people, but I'm really not a social butterfly or even much of a talker altogether. Boy do I hate social relativity.

1 person likes this.
  8. I don't think attractiveness has anything to do with looks or personality. I think it's just some mysterious X-factor that some of us completely lack. It's reprobation or something.

9. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Most of us are lacking $$$$$$$$$$s
    It ain't all that mysterious!

Move to a country where the government doesn't give women free money, and you suddenly become waaaaay more attractive.

10. I don't get women. I'm all about adventure. I want to go ride the rails and shit, be a hobo. Why are they so interested in money and possessions? Don't they have any sense of drama?

1 person likes this.
  11. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I lol'd

1 person likes this.
  12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

oh come on dude. This is simple.

some women are interested in money and possessions, as are some men.

Some women are interested in other things, as are some men.

13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Love It.......................[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

14. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

My 30 year old girlfriend earns, $30 a week. (6x 10hr shifts)

I'm 60 and spend $600 when I'm here for a week.

I'm thinking most women (worldwide) would find a guy that can spend over 20x their wage fairly attractive.

1 person likes this.
  15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Nevermind i dont feel like it

3 people like this.
  16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Hardwired biology it seems. Recent anthropological studies suggest, those which covered both third as well as "free" first world countries, where women have the same legal rights to work and own property, that money is still what the vast majority of women value most in a man. On the other hand, men did not list money as a deal-breaker. In other words, no matter where you lived, or what culture you were in, even in modern times, the mindset is still the same everywhere.

This is called hypergamy.

What does William Shakespeare know about writing plays?

:D

2 people like this.
  18. Meh. I'm not overly interested in women anymore. They just kind of seem like one dimensional biological zombies. I am generalizing of course. Back in the day I pretty much had a thing for all women. Now most of them just seem hateful and shallow, superficial. It's not interesting to me.

2 people like this.
  19. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I can also relate to feeling like there will be a cosmic balance, for lack of better wording.. Recently, somewhat last year and in the beginning of this year, I was going through some tough things. And I thought that after those tough things were done and over with that life would get better. Of course, I didn't think things would magically get better, but you know how people believe that when something bad happens to you, you come out of it better? Well, that doesn't happen to me. Honestly, I think people are bullshitting themselves and others when they express things like that. But, whatever... I'm just applying it to myself. It doesn't happen to me, plain and simple. I just thought it would be like the movies. After a tragic event, I would come out of it stronger, smarter, and overall better. And I thought because of that, that through time and effort, as well as just plain luck, because isn't it my time to have some luck?... that life would get better. In particular I thought I would have a better relationship with my family and I thought that I would find love. However, that didn't happen, lol. Things actually got worse.

For one, I kept getting rejected, and I kid you not it was the most times I have ever been rejected in such a short period of time. I wasn't particularly looking, so that made it even more hurtful. And there was this one guy that was interested in me, but I had aboulate no interest in him. So, I felt like shit for that. Because there was this one guy that was interested in me, and I felt nothing. Thankfully, I found out later on that he was only interested because I wasn't. He was amazed that someone that looked like me wasn't interested in him, so he tried really hard to get me interested. So, it was actually a good thing that I wasn't interested. On top of all the rejection and misplaced attraction, things got worse with my family. Also, I ended up in the hospital. I had two major falling outs with two people, which I have no idea what the fuck happen there. It was just not something I needed to happen at that already horrible time in my life. And I had to deal with some harassment, to the point I considered the police. And when I tried the police the first time they totally blew me off. I guess that type of crime isn't taken as seriously. I don't know.

Point is, that things got worse. And now things are normal, but in a new way. It's like my life went a couple of steps down and now it's going straight. While before I was a few steps up and that was going straight. But, neither point in my life was any good in the first place. So, it's great that my life is normal now. But, it's lower than before, and how it was before wasn't any good either. So, it turn from bad to worse, and now it's a normal worse, if that makes any sense.

On a final note, I don't wish my life on anyone, because it's hard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking I'm strong and no one can live my life. Whatever life you have, you get used to it, you work around it, you deal with it. That's how people are; they adapt or they die, but you know... that's a whole other thing. So, anyone can live my life. But, I wouldn't want that, because again it's hard. I don't want anyone to feel the pain and suffering I have. I encounter people complaining while having really good lives, which they have all the right to do. No life is perfect. And each life has its burdens. Yea, burdens are certainty scaled by frequency and severity. Someone who gets raped once isn't as bad as getting raped multiple times (frequency) and then getting beaten (severity). But, we all bleed the same. We all feel and think the same. That's how we all can relate to one another, and that's why we all have burdens, and we all can say with certainly that no life is perfect. Anyways, as I was saying I encounter plenty of people complaining when they have a really good life, and as they talk I just smile because I'm wholeheartly happy for them. Yes, it does suck that they will never have this perspective, but the only way they will have it is to be cosidered ugly by societal standards. And I wouldn't want that. It would be mind-blowing if someone that is average looking (again, by societal standards), or even considered beautiful by societal standards to have this perspective, but I doubt such people exist. This only makes sense to those that are considered ugly by society. Just like being raped only would make sense to those who have been raped. All I want is to not be attacked or be treated differently for having such a perspective. I also don't want to be belittled, such as giving me simple solutions as if I haven't thought or tried them yet.

Anyways, just adapt. Or... you know. I don't encourage people to kill themselves, but I respect that decision. I know.... that I'm going to kill myself eventually. There is only so much adapting I can do. Basically, I don't want anyone to die. You never know... life after death can be worse. At least with life you know what to expect, kind of. But, at the same time a lot of people are truly suffering, and sometimes they need it to end.

20. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

I don't blame you.