Who Is One Band That You Really Want To See Live?

Discussion in 'Alternative and Indie Music' started by porkstock41, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Peter Gabriel is one of the greatest songwriters and lyricists of all time.

"Solsbury Hill" and "In Your Eyes" are among the greatest songs ever written

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    AstroShark likes this.
  2. Addicted2MEN

Addicted2MEN New Member

Wow have just about seen all the bands I have wanted to. I guess 3 doors down and am seeing them Friday night.

3. Addicted2MEN

Addicted2MEN New Member

I saw Pantera open for Black Sabbath. It was great!

4. David0301

David0301 Members

B Bo Bob M Ma Mar Marl Marle Marley is what I and I would like to see live. But....I think...it is not an easy task now because there are rumours out there that he died. Can anyone confirm please?

Bulgakov likes this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Willie Nelson is coming around here, he's a must. Must convince him to be my surrogate grandpa

I've actually seem him before but I don't count it because he was on tour with 2 other major acts and he played first in an outdoor ampitheatre, he started as people were coming in the gates and getting settled in so I didnt really have a chance to really pay attention to his set. He was packed up and on his tour bus by 7:30 lol, I assume because he's old

The Decemberists are also coming nearby but I can't decide if I want to go or not. I LOVE a lot of their songs but some are just meh and I would be upset if they only played meh songs. Plus I haven't heard their new album, must make sure it isnt meh

OH! And speaking of my grandpa Willie Nelson he did a fucking album of Gershwin songs. I need to go listen to that while I'm thinking about it

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Astral Projection
    They have rarely even come to America and when they did it was probably an early time at a festival. Just not a style of music that sells tickets here.

7. Noserider

Despite the fact that I also dig sun, surf, sand and girls--and the fact that they were a well-seasoned act since loooooong before I was born--I have never seen the Beach Boys live.

Part of me wants to change that before its too late...part of me realizes they're almost 80. How good a show can they put on?

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The Flaming Lips have always been at the top of my list

And they're coming to the motherfuckin Orange Peel in March, which I think I mentioned earlier in this thread - it is a small, intimiate venue. I can't wait! I gotta buy tickets today

porkstock41 and Noserider like this.
  9. Noserider

Live music in small intimate venues is the shizz...

I got to see Go Betty Go in a bowling alley the other week.

Jude96 and Meliai like this.
  10. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I’d like to go see CCR and I’m not always digging the new bands but I think Fitz & The Tantrums would be a good show... their songs are pretty fun, especially Moneygrabber

11. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Iron Maiden

12. FlashG

FlashG Banned

This is fucking ace.

RainyDayHype likes this.
  13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Beastie Boys

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I really like Vampire Weekend lately. They have a song out called "Harmony Hall" which I actually made a point of calling a Los Angeles radio station about. It sounds reminiscent of the Grateful Dead or Phish actually. The piano in the song is really cool! :)

15. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

They are pretty cool live

16. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Did you get to go?

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Nope. If I remember correctly that show sold out within 5 minutes of going on sale

18. Bulgakov

Bulgakov Members

Have seen 50 years worth, but would've liked to have seen the usual suspects: Beatles, Stones, and a personal, The Kinks.
    Of living, still playing well types, probably alt.country's Lyle Lovett, or Brandi Carlile.

Mike Literous likes this.
  19. The decendants

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I saw them, they played a short set but it was Amazing! Mix Master Mike is on another level live.

But I don't think they'll be playing anymore shows... Because... Uhmmm... You are aware MCA died right?