Christianity Is A Form Of Harassment

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by TheSamantha, Oct 7, 2016.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Uhmm, no, going with the concept of the creation narrative, and that it is multi-layered, we are currently in the 6th "day" of creation because the work isn't done yet and god rests from all his works on the 7th day.

If you are going to refer to lesser known layered metaphors, at least get them right.

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL!
    So you have formed the verdict that Christianity is a form of harassment because YOU failed to comprehend the teachings nor investigate them for yourself.
    Decisions based on a lack of information it would seem.
    I've almost been led to believe lot's of things as well, but then I try to educate myself as best I can before issuing verdicts.
    Maybe if you actually looked into the teachings you would have found that isn't what the book says ;)

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Everything can be a form of harassment. Christianity, Jehovas witnessess, Islam, atheism. They all have their examples. Still doesn't mean all these things are properly defined as 'forms of harassment' :p

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

She just really enjoys playng the victim.
    If you don't want to be Christian, then don't be.
    You're like 30 years old, take some responsibility for your life and choices.

[​IMG]

5. Asmodean

It appears some people are just destined to become a nihilist. Which is fine with me but a lot of nihilists don't seem to understand people with an opposite mindset anymore. OP often sounds like that to me when she creates threads like this. Not that i think she will remain a real nihilist: all these threads and questions of course imply something (if theyre really asked to inquire)!

6. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

To me the OP just seems to be confused. One day it's Christianity, the next Buddhism, then hedonism. I assume the threads do represent a kind of seeking for something (benefit of the doubt) - but maybe I'm wrong and she's just playing games.

7. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

I'm sycretic.

8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Kokomo.

9. Asmodean

And in what way does the christian belief blend in? Or doesn't it anymore? How did it used to and why did it change?

Is how other christians practice their belief a great deal in wether you can incorporate the aspects that you value in your belief system? Or could you but is it just a matter of not wanting that and declaring it as such. Maybe its a matter of (lack of) affiliation more so than a matter of belief?

10. BlackBillBlake

How though can you adopt elements of something that's simply a form of harassment? Why would you want to?

11. Perfect Disorder

Perfect Disorder Paradoxically Spontaneous

I am a syncretist as well and have long since amalgamated Christianity into my personal belief system. I'm at a loss as to how you can make such a claim and truly believe it. It is obvious that Christianity is not the originator of the harassment rather it is the vehicle by which the harassment is achieved

1 person likes this.
  12. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Because of nervousness based on lifelong conditioning.

13. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Really? You mean if I don't want to be Christian, I don't have to??

Who knew??

I guess I'll just shrug off 22 years of brainwashing by family, community, country, and media in one fell swoop.

Thanks!

I feel so grown up now!

14. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

I still feel some connection to Jesus, though it's fading and I consider it largely unimportant. It changed because I find Christianity useless and vapid. I also find it immoral in many ways.

I mantra meditate daily and I still seek pleasure, so you have elements of Hinduism and Hedonism. I never stopped being a hedonist.

There are probably some other elements like Satanism, with its questioning of authority.

15. BlackBillBlake

I can understand that to some extent. What if you're wrong to question it and the preachers are right? I'm sure a lot of people who have been brought up in a Christian background might experience the same thing. But it's possible to get over that.

I too am interested in Hinduism, but what I've found is that some Hindus, especially those influenced by Ramakrishna, have virtually assimilated Jesus into their pantheon along with their own avatars.
    And of course there are many versions of Christianity - some are pretty disgusting (I watched a documentary about anti-gay hate preachers in the USA recently and frankly I'd simply lock them all up) whilst others are quite liberal.In Brazil they have syncretic churches who use Ayahuasca. Myself I have a Catholic background and I still have some respect for the Catholic church. But that hasn't stopped me experimenting over many years with different forms of spirituality, and I don't fear any wrath of God as a result.

As for pleasure - you can get that and still be spiritual IMO. Satanism is just silly.

16. I worry sometimes about getting into a relationship with a Christian girl. I really don't want to go to church. I find thinking about God depressing. It seems to me that God has a pretty open attitude towards life in general. He lets it grow and be destroyed in the worst imaginable ways. So when everyone is off in fantasy land singing about how lovely and wonderful God is it just seems like a lot of depressing bullshit to me.

17. Perfect Disorder

Perfect Disorder Paradoxically Spontaneous

The ideals contained within Yahweh and Jesus each had their own melodies both robust and enriching and sickly and leaching