Internet Cleanse

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by r0llinstoned, Sep 28, 2016.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Good idea, only I should be doing it a couple of weeks every month. I keep using up my data allowance for the month in just a few days...damn annoying.

2. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

I do it regularly. I go hiking and read books...yes real books that have pages to turn and everything!!

1 person likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i poured a bottle of this into my computer once:

[​IMG]

i never had internet again.

SpaceSissy and morrow like this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'm never going to do an internet cleanse.

I assume that means take a break from the internet for a while.

Not sure why I am supposed to feel guilty about using the internet

Or that it has any effect on my mind or body.

A traffic cleanse makes sense, take a break from all those fucktards that need 2 lanes to turn left when they are in a hatchback. That would reduce my stress levels.

But internet, no

5. SpaceSissy

SpaceSissy Expert Knob Polisher

What....exactly is an internet "cleanse"? Sounds like a memory wiper!! LOL

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Ah this might be revealing ;): why do you bring guilt into it?

7. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

It does renew the mind to take breaks from all media

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I don't get what you are implying

Just meant everybody seems to make you want to feel guilty about something, either to sell you a product or change your opinion on something

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the last few days of almost every month, one happens where i live. i have a guess as to why this happens.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont really see the need for an internet cleanse so much as a people of the internet cleanse.

2 people like this.
  11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well the closest i get to people of the internet is here and on f.a. and most of the people on f.a. are wonderful there.

i come here to live in a world wider then skin dancing, though all too often what i have found here has instead been narrower.

i'm glad i don't twit or face or any of those others, nor have nor feel a need to.

most of the decade from 87 to 97 i had no access. but then again, from 48, when i was born, until 77, pretty much no one did.

12. morrow

morrow Visitor

I have breaks sometimes, sometimes there becomes natural boredom with the internet and me. That's when the break happens, or holiday. I never feel the need to internet on holiday. Ok so that's not true, I text, email..is that the same?

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

My internet went down a couple of months ago... It wasn't any cleaner when it started up again.

1 person likes this.
  14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i take a small break whenever i leave the house. i totally don't want to be reachable when i do. so most of the time, as now, i don't even own one of them phone thingies i see people carrying around like they were surgically attached or something. i've had several. i always end up forgetting to renew service contracts on them or something. because i simply don't use them enough to remember i have them when i do.

i'd just play games waiting for the buss if i had one, and if the game uses a com link then you're using that service, you're having to pay for the connect, which to me is insane when i can play games on my computer at home, as long as they're not online, without it costing me anything to do so. smart phones are to con not so smart people as far as i can see. time is useful, but i carry a small cheap digital clock in my pocket instead.

i'm not trying to be old fassioned or anything, i'm just a cheap ass when it comes to anything costing me money. plus i do like to just enjoy where i am riding around on the bus.
    the times i have had phones, i've always had the ringer turned as completely off as i can. even back when i had land lines for that matter.

15. fundoo

fundoo Members

i just did a like a 36hour one! It was just too easy to come back to it today though! hehe but yeah, holidays (or as we say over here, vacations ;) ) are a VERY good way to get away for a bit.

It was VERY refreshing, but not quite long enough. I think like a 5 day is ideal. Too much after that, well then you might as well not have internet or accounts to anything! :p

16. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Is it the same as an enema?

17. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Years at a time

18. fundoo

fundoo Members

Omg! I DID already post here! Haha yeah, this is some helpful stuff! Some of us have like addictive personalities to where things like internet get to be too much and we need to take a break, need to force a brek sometimes. Yeeeaah. I am hoping that I can find a healthy balance now. I went on "holiday" (ereally, the two are interchangeable for me now, so idk who I should be! :/) Anyway, successful 2weeks and I thought about coming online, but I didn't/I couldn't. Now I am aiming to make some of my own timeouts. I heard/have observed others doing this, so I think it might help...I mean, to get into a habit of it....so...well, whenever I decide to start again. Yeah, maybe once a month for a few days or a workweek? And increase it. I am still too new atall of this and folks returning after 2years or even 10year breaks, I mean, I can't fathom rightnow! I...idk. life is wild though!

19. fundoo

fundoo Members

^haha no real luck with that^ ...

but i'll be away for an extended weekend this weekend, so we will see how it goes hehe
    (no one else needs this?? lol)