Metaphysical Programming...

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by DracoAstreus, Jul 30, 2016.

1. DracoAstreus

DracoAstreus Members

Hey all. My name is Draco Astreus and I'm searching the web for any clues about "spooky programming". That is, programming in a metaphysical/magical/spiritual sense... Anything like ensouled AI, programming designed to metaphysically/magically interact-with and influence non-digital reality, supra-genius programmers (maybe ones who hide from the public eye), etc.
    Has anyone here heard of such things or have an idea where to look?

2. Bud D

Bud D Member

No. Computers are logical and deductive.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

There's this guy has a rather ambitious plan..

http://youtu.be/dyJjGxZs4l8

Also I haven't read the book, but based on his lectures and presentations I've seen, I would presume Physics of the Future by Michio Kaku has some information along the lines.

[​IMG]

A couple years ago, I read about half the book below. It was written by an author that had a cochlear implant. However the book started making me extremely paranoid and uneasy, as he went on to discussing like police having hive mind and being able to hear each other's thoughts. I kind of had one of those moments where what was up unto that point pure fascinating with advancements in technology, quickly simmered to sort of a depressing realization where people with varying agendas could potentially easily manipulate technology and didn't necessarily see it as a good thing.

[​IMG]

So even when I read things like you suggesting "magical programming" it makes me a bit uneasy in a sense.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

And.... What is it that makes these "spooky" to you? (as in "spooky programming"... Your words)

5. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I tend to think there is already hive mind, and we are assimilating to it....too many weird coincidences for a few years now...and i don't like it very much.

2 people like this.
  6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The hive mind suggested in the book is not like some abstract supernatural thing, rather it discusses stuff like nanotechnology that is in the body. The author then goes on to predict that with nanotech, a potential use could be that we project thoughts to one another.

7. BongSolo

BongSolo Members

Would MKULTRA stuff count or is that more psychology as opposed to metaphysics? We've always operated with a universal consciousness which, at least on some level, is similar to a hive mind. Plus there's this whole unconscious herding people do. When I worked in retail, I'd have a store full of people but no one in line - everyone just browsing. Suddenly, one person would line up and everyone would jump in the line behind them. Not exactly metaphysical or telepathic communication, but there was definitely some herd stuff going on. But by "spooky programming" do you mean something like a real life mentat?

8. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I think this is just a matter of people being on a set schedule. Work letting out at the same time, school getting out at their same time, etc. Everybody has a schedule and many of them are similar.
    Having worked in retail myself, I've seen this and heard the attempted reasoning behind it all. Sometimes things are best left simple, instead of thinking so much about it.

9. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

10. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Quantum computing is about as close as I know of, but its metaphorical rather than metaphysical.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You mean like Radio? which they've used to talk to each other for over half a century now

Perspective is a funny thing isn't it

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

No one would be speaking, so it's not exactly like radio in it's current state.

13. There is totally already a hive mind. I have felt myself caught in the ebb and flow of it. I believe it even has its own language, subconsciously.

I don't see a way around the doubt that a computer has consciousness any more than there is a way around the doubt that another human has consciousness. Only it's exacerbated in machines because we can at least say that fellow humans are similar to us, whereas there are more dissimilarities between humans and computers. I can't imagine anybody ever being an expert on the subject of whether or not a computer can become conscious and thus have a soul. I see it as something that's always going to be a matter of opinion. Unless there is just something so glaringly obvious about a computer that has a soul that makes it as doubtless as your feelings about a human having subjective experience. If it's too uncanny, I guess.