Remember Alec? Trump's Vp Is A Fan Of It!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Eleven, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Eleven

Eleven Member

Alright all you Occupy Wall Street veterans! I'm sure you remember ALEC. The "American Legislative Exchange Council". Pence is speaking to it, and loves it.

I don't care what anyone dislikes about Hillary, we have to vote for her. Unless we want Utopia so badly, we don't care that ALEC facilitates the privatization of public education. Which will empower patriarchal religion, as church's will operate the schools. Etc. Etc.

Here's an article about Pence speaking to ALEC: http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/07/28/mike-pence-set-strengthen-ties-alec-and-corporate-driven-education-reform/211995

"ALEC is a corporate-fundedmembership organization that connects right-wing state legislators across the country with model legislation that represents “the principles of limited government, free markets and federalism” and corresponds with corporate interests on a given policy issue."

1 person likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Probably most of the legislation Pence signed into law originally came from ALEC... It's not like he can come up with his own ideas. (which would be equally frighting)

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't disagree. But it's kind like like how Hillary gets all her ideas from the CFR, which has FAR more influence than ALEC.