Do Girls Actually Want A Prince Charming Or.....

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by undefeated, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Irminsul I am under the impression that you're both a man and a woman using the same account. I don't remember when or how I formed this opinion, but would like to know if there is any truth to it.

I don't think there's any one thing girls want, they are very diverse people. But I think if someone actually fit the prince charming stereotype most girls would think he was the biggest dork in the world. Though there would also be like one or two girls who really thought she was a fairy princess and they'd get all quiet and nervous.

2. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I want a guy that is nice to me.

My ex was physically and sexually violent with me. And all the guys before that have used me in some way or other. I've been sexually assulted on and off between the ages of 7-13, I got sexually harassed twice. I got raped. I might have been raped another time, maybe by two or so men... during a druging. Guys have walked up to me to ask me how much I cost, because they thought I was a prostitute. I'm assuming they thought this because of my looks. After so many times of having guys come up to me, asking me this... I did it. I had sex for money.

All in all, guys have used and/or abused me. So, I just want a guy that treats me nice, that actually wants me as a partner, and in time falls in love with me. I want a guy that I can fall in love with.

As for what other women want, I don't know. Maybe some do. Maybe some don't. The question is too simple to answer. Also, it seems like you already answered your own question.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Is your ex in jail? Or can we at least send som1 over to beat him up? :) all this boxing on the newscovers...

4. Kerri

Kerri Members

Lol a horse, a prince and his piano minstrel

5. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

No, he is not.

The police got involved twice, but he did the talking and I just stayed quiet. So, the cops believed anything he said, which normally was that I was mentally unstable, and that he was caring for me because he loved me so much. And because I look the way I do, and on top of that I was quiet... they believed him, instead of asking me something like, "Hey, is everything okay?". Another time, I called the 911 operator, and was told off by them. I was told that I shouldn't be yelling when I'm on the phone. And in my head I was like, "Normally people call 911 when there is a crisis and normally when there is a crisis there is screaming. Also, I was screaming because he came into this apartment while I was sleeping. And I was screaming because he is abusive, so guess what he was doing?". And then I told them to hold on because my ex left when he saw I was talking to the operator. So, I wanted to run to the door and lock it. And she actually scolded me for telling her to hold on. Then SHE HUNG UP! And guess what, he came back a few hours later.

The third time the cops got involved was with my brother because he witnessed my ex punch me in the face, and he called the cops. But, by the time the cops came my ex had ran away. My brother did get him off me and punched him in the face, though.

All in all, I'm not surprised that I had the experiences I had with the police, because domestic violence cases aren't taken seriously by law enforcement. Also, I have shitty luck. So, things can't happen any other way besides SHITTY for me.

6. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

He should have gone to jail, or, at the very least, been on probation for an extended period.

No man should lay his hands on a woman in violence, ever! Even an unwanted touch on the shoulder of a woman can be assault. Period.

As a lady, you deserve so much better treatment from a man!

7. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

all team players:)

1 person likes this.
  8. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Thanks. But, his mom and sister threaten to kill me if I had pressed charges. The sister is a mom. So, I didn't want to do that. Also, he kept running away. How can you press charges on someone that you can't find?

9. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I'm sorry that you've been through so much abuse, aoabaizing. I'm glad that your brother defended you though.

www.hotpeachpages has a world-wide listing of domestic violence and abuse resources. If you think there is any danger that your ex might come back, you might want to get a restraining order on him.

Wishing for better things to come into your life soon

10. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Thanks. You have always been a caring soul.

For the first six months or so after I broke up with him... he would come around the apartment. Sometimes when I hear the gate close really hard... I think it's him, because he would close the gate really hard. And just recently the apartment AC was turned on to heat, when I clearly remember turning it on to cold. I also remember feeling the cold air. So, that freaked me out a little bit. But, overall... I know he is gone. I just have some PTSD.

Actually, the day after the 911 incident... I came on here only to get a PM from someone accusing me of something I never did. Someone that already for the past for months was actively talking shit about me on the board and in the chatroom. After that I completely snapped, I was ready to kill myself. I was done with having people treat me like shit, thinking that they're justified for treating me like shit, and then acting like I did something wrong to them. I was done with not being able to do anything about this besides deal with it. Fine, people don't like me! Fine! I'm trying very hard to kill myself, so that people don't have to encounter me. But, it's hard. You try killing yourself. It's not an easy thing to do. I have tried already three times. The last time I injured my ankle. I feel like every time I try... I become more daring. So, maybe one day... after so many attempts... I'll be daring enough to actually kill myself. But, it's hard.

By the way, I didn't attempt to kill myself. But, I remember crying on the kitchen floor... holding a razorblade. I just stopped crying, got up, and just went on with my day. And I went on with all the days after that. And now I'm here.

11. newbie-one

You're welcome! :) ...and thank you for saying such nice things about me!

Oh, I thought that you only joined in 2014? I guess that you must have had another user name back then.

Sorry that you were getting trash-talked. If someone has got a problem with someone else, they should just act like an adult and say something either via PM or directly addressed to them on the forums. I don't know why people have to act like that.

It's bad enough to do it under any circumstances, but infinitely worse if you do it to someone who is suicidal. Do you think your ex might have done it? I think it's actually very typical of abusers to try to socially isolate the one that they are abusing, so that they have total control, so maybe that's what he was doing.

You don't deserve to be treated like shit. If someone treats you like shit, it's because they're an asshole.
    That's terrible. I'm sorry that you've felt bad enough to want to kill yourself, and that you've felt that bad more than once.

In most cases, there's a way to make things better so that you feel glad to be alive. Usually there is some form of treatment that can help. It sounds like finding positive relationships, and working on healing the harm caused by the abusive relationships of your past, could help a lot.

HF can sometimes be a good source of support, but you might also want to check out www.suicideforum.com too.

The upside is that folks there will generally know about suicide issues, and the moderation there is pretty strict in terms of how people treat you. The downside is that there are so many suicidal people there that it's probably a little easier to get lost in the shuffle.

I hope that something helps. I don't want you to ever feel that bad again

12. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

All I can say to all of that is thanks.
    I don't know, though.

13. newbie-one

You're welcome! :)
    What don't you know?