Nes Classic To Be Re-Released

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SpacemanSpiff, Jul 16, 2016.

?

will you be aquiring one?

1. yep

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. nope

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  1. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

If they are still being sold in 2020, I'll get the preloaded atari and nes, along w/ a digital t.v. set. Reason: I had gen when young, so it would be about time I get to see how the other two were any fun.

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Wrecking crew would have to be on there.
    I just use the classic collection disks on xbox for my nostalgia needs.

3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

No Paper Boy, Megaman, or Ninja Turtles 2

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

they only sent 18 of them to the local toys are us.....walmart had a few...last one sold to the person in front of me (i didnt get up early for one just happened to be there)

anyway i dont support companies like that ...my money is in my pocket and nintendo can go fuck itself for not making enough ready for the release date

kid in line behind me would have got mine anyway...dude was freaking out bigtime and really wanted one (i think he was autistic)

5. 6-eyed shaman

Products like this are for people who got rid of their childhood gaming consoles, and regret it several years later

1 person likes this.
  6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Yup I am one of them. I started keeping them after the PS1 because I regretted getting rid of all the other ones. The nes though probly broke knowing how temperamental they were. Wish I held onto the games though...but what's the point with no console.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

id agree but there also seems to be lots of the younger gamers interested in the old style games

kid behind me looked to be 18ish

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've never gotten rid of a gaming console that still worked. my NES broke, my genesis broke, my ps1 broke, my xbox broke, my second genesis broke, my second xbox broke, about 4 straight ps2s broke.

it's not like i don't take care of my consoles either; they just don't generally seem to last all that long.

old style games are a lot better for casual gaming. sometimes you just want to fuck around for a few minutes without going through 20 hours of tutorials first.

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i have a hard time with the new ones due to vertigo...especially first person shooter type

i had a few originals that worked fine...id changed the ports on them or whatever that big connector is called

i sold my whole collection a few years back but dont really regret it because i got a good price for it all

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My girlfriend can't watch me play FPS games or anything that moves too quickly or she gets motion sickness. Can't even watch a hand held camera movie.

I'm just disappointed by the lack of games that I'd want to play again. Other than the marios theres not too much to offer me. =[

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

supermario 3 is my favourite game on nes...also would have played Link again surely

1 person likes this.
  12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't think the original NES even had a save feature, in that sense I didn't find it casual gaming at all. Like with a lot of game today you can do side missions or kind of meander about, where as those games were very restrictive in their levels and Every game played was to overcome a (mostly futile) exercise of several consecutive hours devoted to repeating over same parts of levels after dying, frustration of trying to balance directions of a rigid digital pad and rapid respawning of enemies.

13. 6-eyed shaman

I'm blessed to have my NES and all my original games I had. I'm gonna go play some Zelda 1

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

NES definitely had saving. most games didn't utilize it, but i never would have gotten through zelda, or final fantasy, or dragon warrior without it. remember, hold reset while switching off the power? every NES player lost a game by forgetting to do that at least once.

anyway, by "casual gaming" i'm referring more to the ability to just pick up and play a game. like how it takes 30 seconds to figure out how to play mario, whereas the 20 hours of tutorials i mentioned earlier is not really much of an exaggeration with some newer games.

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

dragon warrior was my first game...that shit took so long to finish

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Zelda was mine on the nes. That wasn't much shorter.

17. 6-eyed shaman

Pitfall on Atari was my first

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yeah but its an nes thread so we're not counting our ataris

(my favourite atari game was Yars Revenge)

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Pong was my first game and first on atari.

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i had a pong too but i dont recall it being an atari system...i think it was from sears