Being A Life Model

Discussion in 'Art' started by phd1956, Jul 14, 2016.

1. phd1956

phd1956 Member

Are there any life models out there? I have been one for years but now I have move to Thailand no one wont's to use me.
    I know it's illegal to be naked out in the open but I did most of my posing indoor. So it there any other life models out there?

2. meeses

meeses Member

I wished I knew an artist, I sure would model. ;)

3. andypanty

andypanty Members

I'm a life and occasional photographic model, but sadly in the UK, so can't help with your situation.

Good luck finding someone/where!

4. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

A UK resident too -never mind - Life Models are all too often thought of in lustful and inappropriate way - such a shame that the Art has been lost to the perception of perversion - Good luck in your endeavours

5. andypanty

andypanty Members

I guess I have been lucky to have not been thought of in that way (or simply never noticed), aside from when I have on occasion done some work both life and photographic that was more fetish/erotic in nature.

Although I did have an awful experience with a couple I had sat for as a life model for almost 2 years. They were both artists and sometimes I would pose on my own for them in their home studio and garden, other times they would have another model as well male or female and occasionally the wife would pose with me, particularly when the session was to be bondaged/fetish themed.

It was one such occasion when the incident happened and I have never seen them since and stopped posing for a while afterwards.

6. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

I have done life modelling on an occassional basis for several years, for college students, adult education classes, and for private artists. One friend of mine has a large nude painting of me in her hallway all her guests see as they enter her house, always a topic of conversation at parties when I am there too.

Most life modelling is either purely artistic nude modelling or erotic poses with another model. I have also done much more sexual poses for private artists. I also enjoy artists using my body as a canvas and painting me with body paint before either painting or photographing me. One of my best experiences of that was being painted in neon paint and being photographed in a darkened room in erotic poses with another model.

7. andypanty

andypanty Members

That sounds fantastic, I have always wanted to have been body painted by an artist, but so far no luck.

I enjoy being at exhibitions were there are nude works of me, especially when it is clearly me in the art work or photograph.

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I'd Love to Be A "Life Model"......But Unfortunatly Artists Don't Paint In "Wide Screen"....... :D

Cheers Glen.

9. andypanty

andypanty Members

I am sure you are being hard on yourself, but even if not, artists love shapes so lots tend to favour a larger model rather than someone that is toned (hence why I get work!), due to great interest.

Remember they do not view the model as a naked person like we would, to them the model is a series of shapes, so I could just as easily be a bowl of fruit for example.

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^.....I'm A "Bowl Of Fruit" So I Should Fit In Well....... :biker:

Cheers Glen.

11. andypanty

andypanty Members

Same here and I have even posed with a bowl of fruit as well, props are always a help.

I like to use a walking stick sometimes as well as scarves, hats, towels and sometimes I even get to wear items of clothing! lol

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^....Methinks You Missed The Joke There........."I'm A Fruit"..... :biker:....Did You Catch It This Time.....???...... :)

Cheers Glen.

13. andypanty

andypanty Members

Oh dear, well it has been a long day

14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

......... :)

Cheers Glen.

15. waynedunn

waynedunn Banned

Is be happy to pose as I never got round to doing it.

16. Partyboobs

Partyboobs Members

Ive done nude modelling in Canada but not Thailand