Ever Have A Real Cappuccino?

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by Jimbee68, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I didn't, until relatively recently, about 20 years ago. But I have to tell you, it is nothing like the one you get at convenience stores and gas stations.

They may call that swill at those places "cappuccino" (the ones made with automated machines). But they definitely are NOT!

Anyways, about 20 years ago, you could get the real deal, i.e., REAL cappuccinos, at a couple of places. Cinnabon used to have it. They don't anymore. Also, a few Ma and Pa-type establishments did. I don't know for sure, which ones do now, though.

The only place, I know of at least, that will make you a cappuccino from scratch, is Starbucks. And if you never had one, you owe yourself the chance to try one, just once perhaps. And if you do get it, get it without sugar or other add-on's. Because it is truly unique. After that, you can get as fancy as you like.

Anyone else love real cappuccinos? Share your experiences here, with people who haven't.

:chef: [​IMG]

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

Don't Starbucks use a machine?
    I find Costa coffee is even better! It's a tad nicer coffee.

I've a Tassimo coffee maker, those pods are brilliant! Worth a try, and you can get Costa coffee pods! Starbuck however, only make pods for their own machines!

Starbucks give away their coffee grounds, great aromas and goodness in your garden..

Starbucks also use Stevia as a sugar alternative, it's called, Trivia

3. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

First ones I ever had were in Italy. Now and then I make it myself. Starbucks version is quite good.

4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I've had many a cappuccino. One of the places I worked had one of those $10,000 cappuccino machines. The thing was always breaking down, but it did make some damn good coffee drinks.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

There is a local coffee shop nearby that makes a killer cappuccino. It beats Starbucks by a mile

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol, you must be over 100 years old? ;)

Its not a suprise that the ones at the average gas station and convenience store aren't proper. Its the same with a normal cup of coffee: if you care about a good cup of coffee there's not much you can do wrong about it but many people manage to deliver a below average cup of coffee anyway. Its kind of frustrating to pay 10 times more for it than the excellent coffee I make at home.

7. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

I've also got a Tassimo!It does make a great cappucchino!Morrow,do the Costa pods fit the tassimo?Vending machine cappucchino's are pretty vile in my opinion.

8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

A real cappuccino is espresso + milk. Not much to "make from scratch" there.

9. Asmodean

Not everybody can lactate, ghost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3T8FiNOvRw

10. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

But Starbucks can?

11. morrow

morrow Visitor

I think Starbucks is nice, but Costa coffee is a bit better..
    What I don't like, is if you get a small or medium or large, same amount of coffee, just more milk, if you want it stronger, you have to get another shot!
    If you want stronger coffee, you have to pay more..just seems a bit tight!

Costa coffee pods for the Tassimo are on sale in all larger supermarkets...advert over!

12. Asmodean

Some of their staff, surely!

13. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

At this point pics will be required.

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Cappuccino is for wimps...

1 person likes this.
  15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I don't like cappuccino all that much to be honest... too hard to sweeten them. I try to stir in some artificial sweetener and it gets stuck in the foam! :)

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Lol they're not meant to be sweet! Which is one reason I like them. Barristas act like i'm crazy when I request a plain black coffee. Capouccinos are about as complex as I get with coffee - no mocha skinny soy caramel frappucinos whateverthefuck for me

1 person likes this.