Sleep Paralysis And Jesus

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by TheSamantha, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I had sleep paralysis a couple of times...and once when I lived in a big Victorian house that was made into apartments, so there were a few apts in that house...I was alone in my apt sleeping with my two cockatiel birds in the next room....and I experienced it....and while I was experiencing it, the lady living right below me was coming towards me as a misty, wicked ghost towards my feet.....She was scary anyway, and it scared the crap out of me but I could not move...I just kept trying with all my might and finally sat up and screamed at her..."WHAT DO YOU WANT?!!!!!!!"

I thought it was her and that she broke in, but she vanished into thin air....

i later learned that this house was haunted and many people saw ghosts in there, and that ghosts can take the shape of someone still alive even.

Scariest thing I ever experienced....I turned on all of my lights and went and sat in the living room with my 2 birds after that, and it was not long before I moved out of there.

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Does it work in every case of sleep paralysis? And does anything else work? Do you have statistics on that? My mother once suffered a stroke and had a bout with aphasia as a result. She tried to communicate with us and it came out gibberish. Then she said the Lord's Prayer and it came out perfectly, and she had no problems with her speech after that. She thought it was a miracle. I'm open to the possibility that it was psychological, just as hysterical and psychosomatic illnesses are susceptible to "faith healing" and placebos.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I used to get sleep paralysis, almost every night for about a year. From my experience you cant really call out to anyone because you're stuck in a half sleep half wake limbo world and lack the awareness to really think of jesus or buddha or anyone else

1 person likes this.
  4. deleted

deleted Visitor

prayers and mantras don't necessarily need to be spoken out loud..

1 person likes this.
  5. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

The first night slept at a new girlfriend's house, I had a purple demon, well the outline of one, float into the room and sit on my chest while she got out of bed and went to the bathroom; there were sounds of upchuck, not sure what that was about. When I came to I said, "Jesus Christ." So yeah op, I hear you.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Lay off the hard drugs dude... Just sayin'

7. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

There's only so much you can learn from sobriety...just sayin'

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that is the best term for an erection i've heard in a long time.

2 people like this.
  9. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

In my experience, you can call out to someone in your head, think it. I can fully think and comprehend exactly what is happening when I have it happen.

10. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

1. most likely 2. you can fight to move but that takes longer 3. no stats, just anecdotal evidence from many people and me

11. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Ah, so THAT is where the Lord of All Things, Creator of the Universe, Forger of Men's Destinies, Sorcerer of Galaxies, Weaver of Space and Time, makes his most powerful appearance; by ameliorating the conditions of a small sub section of the population who suffers from a sleep disorder and who call out to him.

Man . . . that guy really needs to rethink his priorities.

2 people like this.
  12. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

How to make a Purple Demon:

Ingredients you need
    • 1 oz. Vodka
    • 0.5 oz. Blue Curacao
    • Juice Of Pink Lemonade
    • dash Grenadine
    MIX IN SHAKER WITH ICE, SERVE IN HIGHBALL GLASS

Type of drink: Cocktail

Recommended glass: Highball Glass

1 person likes this.
  13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Exactly, I’ve experienced Sleep Paralysis twice but I never invoked the name of Christ figuring he probably had more important things to do with his time

Hotwater

14. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Yup, this happened to me a long time ago but I never called out to Jesus so I've been locked in a comatose state, unable to communicate with anyone ever since then. True story!

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

maybe 'jesus' doesn't want people sleeping with him. that's what teddy bears are for.