Impending Canada Post Strike

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mattekat, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

So as of the 1st of july, canada post might be going on strike for a month. The postal workers union is having a dispute over the new pension plan. Only essential mail like pension and welfare checks will be delivered. There is still time for them to come to an agreement before july, but I am doubting that will happen in time.

How will this affect you fellow canadians?

I have some things on their way to me that might spoil if they are stored somewhere warm for a month, but that isn't really too bad.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

doesnt matter to me..im not on pension and not on welfare

the only items i have coming in should be here just before the 1st

i pay bills online too so not getting the paper bill doesnt matter

3. Mattekat

I now pay everything online too. I read something saying this might be the nail in the coffin for canada post. Most of their business is from mailing packages and with a strike most people will move to other companies that can do that.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

And people say nothing exciting ever happens in Canada

5. Mattekat

Shhhh this is super exciting....

6. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

This is beyond annoying.

I've got a bunch of stuff coming from amazon that has already taken it's sweet ass time to get here, and an impending strike won't help that cause much at all.
    Don't they know I have BOOKS I want to read?!?!?!!?!?

7. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

I think Amazon.ca has switched to courier. I had 3 separate shipments arrive by Purolator. Most online companies have switched to couriers as of this week. Except Nike apparently. I caved and ordered a pair of their overpriced shoes (they were on sale) and when I phoned to inquire about alternate shipping plans, they had none! How big is this company? If everyone's orders get stuck in Canada Post's warehouses for months, I hope they enjoy all the returns they're going to get after the strike.

Oh and one other (small) vendor said they only ship by mail. I asked if they were going to stop doing business if Canada Post goes on strike. They replied they'd switch to pigeons. lol Probably be faster than the mail.

8. Ashalicious

I hope you're right. I have had a couple books I ordered off of amazon be delivered via Canada Post in the last few months, though. I've already been waiting almost one month for a number of the books I've ordered. They should have been here by now.

If they do end up striking, I highly doubt it will last all that long.

9. Mattekat

I keep hearing it will last one month.

10. Ashalicious

Ugh, really?

Btw, amazon emailed me and asked me to review my purchase of a book that HASNT EVEN ARRIVED YET! Grrrrr.

11. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

This makes me fucking sick. It's the struggling home and small businesses that will suffer the most. I pulled my ebay listings. Shipping was already too fucking expensive to make any money. If these greedy union pricks get more then our service prices go up. An envelope sized package with tracking to the US is over $16 fuck me dollars, to Europe, over $60 shit on me dollars! Fucking outrageous! These overpaid union workers and useless bureaucrats are destroying this country. Once great, now we can't even manage to build a fucking hydro dam without it costing a zillion ass fuck dollars.

Fuck CUPW, I HOPE their fucking website get hacked to shit. Hope their emails get flooded; feedback@cupw-sttp.org, media@cupw-sttp.org, feedback@cupw-sttp.org...

HOPEFULLY someone will find personal contact information on their president and executives, post it online and have hundreds calling them at all hours telling them what they think of their useless overpaid leaching fat asses;

Canadian Union of Postal Workers - National Executive Committee (NEC);
    Mike Palecek - National President
    Jan Simpson - 1st National Vice-President
    Bev Collins - National Secretary-Treasurer
    Peter Denley - National Grievance Officer
    Dave Bleakney - 2nd National Vice-President
    George Floresco - 3rd National Vice-President
    Martin Champagne - 4th National Vice-President

The United Fucking States doesn't have four fucking vice presidents for fuck sakes!!!!!!!

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

tell us how you really feel

2 people like this.
  13. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

The whole motherfucking works of em' are parasitic leaches on Canadians. The system and the union both are absolutely ruining us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJBEWzDJ80M

14. Mattekat

You realise the union doesn't actually want to go on strike right? They just don't want to sign new contracts that they aren't comfortable with. Thats why it's being called a lockout.

Anyways, apparently it is being postponed until July 6th because they want more time to try and reach an agreement. I might actually get my mail before then!