Kombucha

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Eavesdrop, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

The stuff knocks me out like a drug. What is this?

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've grown it before, a long time ago. I must not've been impressed because I'm not doing it now.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i thought that was a country somewhere between viet nam and myanmar.

1 person likes this.
  5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, and I thought it was an asteroid impact back in June of 1908

Hotwater

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It knocks you out? Never heard that one before. I know it does sometimes contain a trace amount of alcohol, but nothing that would have much of an effect considering it's properly made.

Basically kombucha is a type of fermented tea made from a culture which has a lot of probiotic qualities that are good for the gut. It's nothing magical, but I like to drink it sometimes as it is a good alternative to sugar-laden drinks.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well that does sound interesting, but i have to wonder why the name of this stuff is spelled like the way it sounds, when someone from southeast asia, and thus knows how its supposed to sound, pronounces the name of cambodia. so this, i'm not familiar with it, but i'm guessing from context, its some kind of a plant, and you can make a tea out of it, did it come from cambodia, is it named after the country, is the country named after it, or is it just some kind of complete coincidence?

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

9. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

elixir for eternal life

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Errr, so Thailand?

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It looks "hip" to walk around with a bottle of weird looking stuff that costs $5, especially if you have the right fashion down.

Seriously tho, homemade kombucha is the shit if it's done right, and at a fraction of the price of the bottled stuff. It's actually a really heathly drink in the sense it's better than juice or soda, and is good for the gut and thus the immune system.

1 person likes this.
  12. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

I'm a really big fan. It's a great pick-me-up that feels a lot more natural and mellow than coffee.

I really like this kind:

[​IMG]

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i'll probably try it if i ever see it. haven't yet though.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

close. between viet nam and thailand? as in immediately to the west of viet nam. you know that place that has a tunnel of soup for a big lake and an anchor of what?

15. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

Seriously, it practically puts me into a coma. It's so weird.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

whole foods? that's probably why. as far as i know we don't have one of those here. we have a trader joe's, and i go there once a month, more or less, and actually spend less doing so then i would end up at someplace like sack and spend or safeway. i don't buy pre-bottled or canned teas. but just tea bags. (not the sex act, i mean those things you make tea with). if its available at tj's or somewhere else in that form, i'll try it.
    (i like the idea of self sweetening teas like mint, without sugar or those carsinogenic sugar substitutes) (still really curious about the name and its origen though)

there was a whole foods down in roseville (cali), but i moved up to reno in 2012 and haven't been back down that way since, except for one time to go to a train show convention

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well everyone has different food alergies, so that would be my guess. just some odd, otherwise mostly harmless alergy.

1 person likes this.
  18. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter