Dead And Company

Discussion in 'Grateful Dead and Phish' started by DarkSideOfTheMoon94, Jun 22, 2016.

1. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

DarkSideOfTheMoon94 Members

I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I've attended a show this tour and they were really on one. Everyone was playing great especially John Mayer, and while I was skeptical at first he really blew me away at the show I attended. I've also listened to several other shows this tour and they are all sounding amazing too.

How do the Heads of this site feel about this version of the Dead?

1 person likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Listening now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osK5Oh87yI4

1 person likes this.
  3. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

Their best shows so far have been the last 3 imo

4. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

Can't wait for Hartford and Fenway. I have Saturday tickets for Boston, but with a free place to stay I'm temped to make it a double feature!

1 person likes this.
  5. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Went to the Dead & Company show last Thursday. It was a gas hanging out with all the hippies that still roam the country. I'm an old fossil, but I'm not extinct....yet.

1 person likes this.
  6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

At fist I thought John Mayer would be awful. But after hearing him it's good. I caught them last November and will be seeing them again this weekend. But it's still not as good as Fare Thee Well last year. That to me as someone who was too young to see Jerry was as close to a real Dead show as I will ever come I think.I am glad the music is still being played though. I was thinking after Further broke up it really would be the end of that too.

1 person likes this.
  7. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

I've been listening to them on Mixlr and they have done really well imo, seems like they are getting better with each show. Everyone is playing so well, and I'd have to say my favorite member of this lineup has to be Jeff man, love his keyboard work. You guys should definitely check out Mixlr for their live stream, just type in dead in the search bar and you'll find someone streaming it. Sometimes people will post links to periscopes that are streaming the show. Couch tour baby!

I completely agree with all of that, especially on fare thee well. Some damn good shows right there, especially for a post-jerry era version of the dead.

Dead & Company have been playing better this summer though, Mayer is really finding his place in the sound. I hope they have a at least a couple more tours with this group

8. aliced

aliced Dude Guy

I saw them twice last year and twice this year (All CO shows)

Great times and they played well. My gripes are they tend to play the songs slower than the GD and John Mayer's voice.

But I'm Grateful there is still a tour to be had.

9. Desos

Desos Senior Member

i think they are awesome.

sometimes mayer is good and sometime he goes crazy on some awesome jams. just listen to his guitar work on this scarlet begonias(starts at 1:10);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9u8owUpKh0

I think I might even like him better than john K. john k was good but he just lacked... something... that john mayer has. best post-jerry dead lead guitar player? maybe.