Why Do People Dislike Cannabis?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Bud D, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Bud D

Bud D Member

Has the Myths won the war on drugs? Just why do people get so butt hurt over someone else using or growing cannabis? Is it high treason? Is it really that bad of a thing for everybody? Is Prozac safer? Seriously, just what's with the butt hurt?

I would enjoy reading peoples comments on why there are people out there against others using plants to better their living experience. Some people I've met online are really dangerously against any and all existence of cannabis. There must be a lot of the population that remains in the age old thinking of locking people up for cannabis as if it's a dangerous crime.

Five years for a kilo in my state doesn't sound decriminalized to me! But I can go and actually drink myself and smoke myself to death. Not to mention be fucking retarded from psych meds because I can't smoke weed to actually chill out and relax. People that don't even know me would want to see me hang for using an herb to self medicate. Cannabis really is a chill weed. It's not going to uproot and massacre the village or burn down churches.

1 person likes this.
  2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Maybe it depends on the regional cultural attitudes because I don't find this to be the case at all. Cannabis is by far the least demonized illicit drug where I live and there are many proponents of it's medicinal properties, as well as those who think it's simply a better, safer intoxicant compared to alcohol. An anecdote to how passè against rallying against the "persecution" of cannabis is where I'm at, is the other day during work, I went over to someone's house and they had a ~3 foot bong with a bottle of herb that must have been about a eighth at least, in plain site on the counter and table. It's not all that uncommon to see people toking in public here and there.

1 person likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Because "Reefer Madness" that's why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbjHOBJzhb0

1 person likes this.
  4. Bud D

Bud D Member

I live in North East Ohio. People are all over the spectrum but there are some serious haters of cannabis. Some are all about it's use, some are only for medical, then there is the group that finds it's a sin.

It was just decriminalized in California when I was out there 5 years ago. Used to be you go to jail there. Even in Colorado you are only allowed 3 plants flowering. Oregon it's by the ounce. Doesn't seem all that tolerant.

I think we should be able to grow and have as much as we possibly can. Can't overdose on it and I can only grow so much!

I think people would be less tolerant of me smoking weed because I have violated other laws. They have seen a little bit of what I can do when pushed to far. They still don't admit that I was pushed into a corner and that's why I broke the laws I did.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I know what you mean. There is someone I work with who I was surprised to hear is against the legalization of cannabis for recreational purposes. Also I live in California and I remember when I was growing up in the nineties hearing about people who ended up jailed for lengthy sentences for possession (of probably more than you would possess for personal use).

6. Tyrsonswood

Ohio just passed Medical... You still can't get it even if you could get a script.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

me too, and i can't remember the last time i met someone who claimed to be seriously against it. sure, most people don't talk about it at all so i don't really know, but when the subject is brought up it seems like most people either smoke or at least don't give a fuck if someone else does. when the recreational legalization was on the ballot, i was actually surprised at how many of the more conservative people i know were completely for legalization.

really? how did i not hear about this? honestly, it makes me kind of worried about one of my old friends who normally spams my facebook newsfeed with pot news. this makes me realize i haven't seen anything from him in a while.

8. Tyrsonswood

Kasich signed the bill on Thursday... But nobody is supposed to know about it, I guess.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ohio-latest-state-legalize-medical-marijuana-39721556

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It's a work in progress. If you are complaining about that people can only grow 3 plants for themselves in Colorado and conclude that even there they're not that tolerant you might wanna change your perspective. It is an awesome sign of progression that you can grow your own plants there and also buy it from the shop legally.

10. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Probably because it is not something to write home about. Apparently it is very restrictive, only certain conditions are allowed use (20), you can't smoke it only vape or ingest, cannot grow your own, can still be fired from companies who don't allow use etc etc etc. Typical Republican limits and will not be in effect for a year or two. Apparently you can bring in from other states (Good luck with that) but dispensaries will not open here for a while and doctors who want to prescribe will have to sign up for doing that (again good luck).

11. Bud D

Bud D Member

Overgrow the Government.

There just never going to allow stoners to be stoners in Ohio. I really don't get to find out peoples opinions as I do not bring up the topic. I know my Grandma is against cannabis in any and all form, she was born in the 1930's. Grandpa sorta teeters depending on his mood, he can be a rascal or a bit too firm.

Surprising some Amish smoke and grow, but they do not vote. I live in a small city where the local paper is ran by the Republican party. I've known some respectable business owners to toke regularly. Once every while the local paper publishes the local court information. I swear most of the time the court is dealing with cannabis possession. At least the pipe or papers is now not more severe than the possession of the actual drug. For awhile you could get a ticket for a bag of pot but get actual time in jail for the plastic baggie.

I just feel I am surrounded by God fearing Trump loving Republicans and I gotta hide from them. They are dangerous!

12. Bud D

Bud D Member

Just look at the NORML pages for state laws. Get yourself a big map and cross off all the states you don't want to get busted for weed in. States like Virginia or worse yet further down south. It's crazy, there all Trump loving God fearing Republicans too!

Talking about years and decades of peoples lives.

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you're lucky, it's meth and heroin here.

14. Bud D

Bud D Member

Meth and heroin get to go strait to common pleas. Most weed cases are muni court, some are common pleas. Dealing is common pleas and any serious attempt at growing. I don't follow the local news but there are a lot of people that die from heroin and often.