Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink To Enjoy In A Bar?

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by Ashalicious, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink to enjoy in a bar?

I've cut way back on my alcohol intake, however I still like to give the illusion that I am drinking when I am in the bar with my friends. I was drinking Soda with muddled fruit, but the Soda makes me incredibly bloated for at least 24 after the fact. Last night I was drinking Diet Coke with lime, but that just made me feel gross because it was too much pop. So now I am back at square one, which leaves me asking the same question - What the heck can I order in a bar that gives the illusion that I am drinking alcohol, but doesn't make me feel gross or bloated? Ice water with a splash of Cran? *scratches head*

1 person likes this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Virgin long island ice tea

1 person likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

I generally don't go to a bar if I'm not drinking alcohol. But, other than alcohol, I basically just drink water. Occasionally a lemonade, which might be a decent answer for you since it's a lot less filling than pop.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

A $4.00 cup of shitty coffee.... Seems to me they are all like this.

Yeah, I don't go to bars anymore.

5. Ashalicious

Last night I didn't get charged for any of the non-alcoholic drinks I ordered, which was nice.

I was out for dinner with a friend last week and I ordered a cappuccino. When it arrived, it noticed it wasn't made properly, having only a little scoop of foam at the top. A cappuccino, when made correctly, should have equal parts milk and foam. Anyways, I went ahead and drank it and didn't bother saying anything to the waitress, because I hate complaining about anything when I am in a restaurant, and rarely do so. Well, when I got my bill, I noticed that the incorrectly made cappuccino was over $5.00. I felt I had no choice but to say something at that point, because if you are going to have the nads to charge over $5.00 for a cappuccino, at least make damn sure it is made correctly. The waitress ended up taking it off the bill, which was nice.

I went on a bit of a tangent here, but your mention of a $4.00 cup of shitty coffee made me feel compelled to tell my story.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Sounds like bubbles are the issue.
    So this won't help much, but orange, cran and soda with a twist is very nice, but sweet.
    I've had a bartender make a mojito soda by muddling the mint and sugar in soda water.

As for still, I'd order grapefruit juice. I've found a few bars that keep iced tea around for staff, and they are usually ok to charge for one.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

if you like fancy drinks like Pina Colada ., can always get them virgin. I go to this one restaurant which loads the drinks with booze. cant always do that when driving. no a problem with one drink on top of meal. but dont just go to places like this for the food.

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Same here. A bar loses 99.9% of its appeal when alcohol is removed from the equation.

Why no alcohol, Ashleigh? Can't you just have one or two drinks then stop after that? Unless you're developing an alcohol problem, I see no reason to stop completely, unless you just don't enjoy drinking.

9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Back when I used to go out, often I wouldn't drink for 2 reasons - I'd be driving and/or I'd be playing pool. I would drink tea, ginger ale, or water with lemon.

Even though I've seen plenty of people so drunk they could hardly stand shoot the hell out of some pool, I'm not one of them.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont bother going to bars unless i'm drinking lol. Even if I dont feel like getting a buzz I usually order a beer to sip on all night.

I dont drink any non alcoholic drinks except water and coffee, so I guess I would go with coffee if I wasnt going to drink alcohol

11. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

games that are generally done while drinking, like pool, darts, and bowling, seem to have kind of a sweet spot of alcohol intake that allows for the best play. completely sober, and i'm not very good, then a few beers in and i'm a champ, but a few more beers and i start to go all over the place again.

13. Ashalicious

Alcohol does nothing for me. It is literally poison, manipulated to taste with a ton of sugar. It makes me feel wobbly and gross. I don't like how it has been instilled in me since a very young age that I need alcohol to have fun. I don't. I find I actually have more fun when I am out and NOT drinking. The thing I've noticed is, people seem very insecure when I tell them I'm not drinking. They don't understand why. So I'd rather just give the illusion that I am drinking, and not have to worry about anyone feeling uncomfortable.

1 person likes this.
  14. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

But you don't think the crap that's in the Red Bull you drink is poison?

Like everything, it's all about the dose. Lots of things can be poisonous/harmful if consumed in a large enough amount or too often. Sure, alcohol is poisonous in large amounts, but in moderate amounts there are also some health benefits.

Also, not all alcohol contains a ton of sugar. Yeah, mixed drinks do, as do certain flavored liquors, but there is plenty of alcohol that does not have added sugar.

If someone doesn't want to drink or doesn't enjoy it, I am not going to look down on them, but to say it's "poison" is a bit of a stretch. I would say artificial sweeteners like aspartame are more like poison than alcohol is.

15. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

ginger ale or 7up

16. Ashalicious

To be honest, I read Alan Carr's Easy Way to Control Alcohol a few weeks ago, and I simply have no desire to drink anymore.

I've had the odd drink since finishing the book, to be polite, because a friend offered to buy me a drink, but I haven't gone out of my way to drink.

[​IMG]