Medical Marijuana Legal Issue In Florida

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Rhinoxorus, May 17, 2016.

1. Rhinoxorus

Rhinoxorus Member

I recently discovered medical marijuana has been legal in my state since 1991. I live in Florida and suffer from PTSD. (a debilitating disease) Under Florida state law a person may possess and use cannabis if the individual suffers from a debilitating disease in which the marijuana is less harmful than the prescribed medications for the debilitating disease. The medications I was being prescribed were making me physically sick and causing intense migraines. I researched further and realized they were riddled with toxic metals and "substances" I now refer to as poisons. I called around and discovered 6 doctors in the state can give the prescription of cannabis, however when I inquired about seeing any of them I was told that they really only give the prescription to people dying of things like HIV/Aids or cancer. What a bummer! After losing my parents and grandparents and grieving their deaths I am stuck with this debilitating disease and my only options seem to be to take the toxic metals and substances which provide absolutely no relief from my PTSD or illegally choose the option of life! I'd much rather have a green seed bearing plant that's purpose is for food as stated by my God in the book he inspired the creation of for my benefit. (Then god said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. and to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground--everything that has the breath of life in it--I give every green plant for food." And it was so) Yes I would much rather benefit from the living enzymes of a God-given plant purposed for sustaining life than the toxic metals and man made "substances" that caused my body so much harm. In short how am I to beat the state of Florida using their own laws?

2. BongSolo

BongSolo Members

I think CBD oil is legal in Florida without a prescription, but I could be wrong. It might be a good place to start while you're waiting for them to get their shit together. I've read of a lot of elderly people actually moving to states where it's easier to get medical marijuana. That's obviously not going to work for everyone. I think Florida will legalize eventually but there seems to be a pretty tenacious prohibitionist force there with a lot of big money backing it.

3. Scratched

Scratched Members

I wish all states would legalize for PTSD use. Sometimes Valium and Citalopram (max dose) cuts it, often not. Weed is way better.