What's Happening?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They have one of the best teams at the moment And pinched my coach in the off-season.:p they're set. 2021 here they come.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I thought we weren't going to see the girls play softball on opening day tomorrow because we are broke; but, my son informed us that the teams payed admission so guests won't be charged admission fees tomorrow. Yay!

Hubby is being a complete shit ass to me because he borrowed money from his sister a few weeks ago and yesterday he told her he'd put money in the mail to pay her back. As it turns out, we don't have the money to pay her back and he wanted ME to call her and tell her. He is being a complete coward about it and is mad as hell at me because I won't call her.

He wouldn't call my brother if the shoe was on the other foot. What a dickhead.

3. Aerianne

My daughter got her ankle scan and saw her doctor today. She sent me a pic of the scan. There is a tip of the heel bone that's fractured right around the ankle ball on the outside of her foot. The doc thinks it will mend back and if it doesn't he will go in and just remove it. He may also do some tightening up of a ligament there that they call the Y ligament.

She will start physical therapy on Monday and he will see her in 4 weeks to see how the foot feels.

She said it already feels much better but the spot that still is very painful is near her little toe and the xray, nor the scan, showed that part of her foot. He told her what it seemed like and described a surgery he could do on that if needed.

She works for the surgeon so that's pretty handy.

[​IMG]

scratcho likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

maybe the real browns need to hire the madden programmers to manage the team.

Irminsul likes this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Pissed away a perfectly good beach day grocery shopping and cleaning the house.

Being an adult sucks butt

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

:flushed:
    :hearteyes:
    :sunglasses:

scratcho likes this.
  7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Yah, I watched more from that episode featuring Sean Carroll. Compared to like the Science shows I've seen him and his contemporaries on for tv, these interviews have made me have much more of an appreciation of how intelligent they really are and also made me realize some of the unchartered areas of Quantum Mechanics. Edit: I guess this show was on public access television, so contrast that to Science Channel, Discovery Channel stuff.

I feel the problem some of the specials on tv have, which I've seen discussing similar topics, not only dumb down the discussions but often present them as like absolute facts in regards to the nature of reality. Couple that with some animations and subtle ambient music and it makes for a fun watch, surely better than none of these programs at all, but apparently some of the essence of these concepts discussed are not addressed.

fundoo and tumbling.dice like this.
  8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Does This Mean You Got The Job..??....:smileycat:

Cheers Glen.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  9. Noserider

It means he discovered emojis

10. 6-eyed shaman

This. And I also discovered I'm capable of having emotions... :)

But seriously. Yes it does mean I got the job.

I'm stoked because I'm stepping up from a lesser job to a better one. And I'm rebuilding my career after a setback.

Since it is a 5 day a week job, I'll have less time to spend on my side business, but it is a worthwhile sacrifice.

fundoo, scratcho, Noserider and 4 others like this.
  11. Noserider

Awesome, homie!

Congrats to SIX!!!!

12. 6-eyed shaman

^Thanks Neo^

TBH, I'm a little nervous at the same time; I hope I don't mess this one up (it's happened before).
    The great thing is that I don't have to leave town for this job. There's a lot of learning and studying I gotta do before I start this one. At least since I don't work on Mondays at my old job I'm leaving, I'll be in the new office for hands-on learning next week. This will happen before my two weeks notice is fully done. It's good to keep your bridges with old professionals, because I know I've blown up my bridges before.

13. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I've noticed this also. One of my favorite people to listen to is Michio Kaku...I have a couple of his books and they are great reads. However, his support for string theory confounds me. It might be beautiful mathematically but it ain't science. It's not even a theory.

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I agree...There is this notion of "soft science" vs "hard science" where theoretical physics often is suggested to reside in the latter but I don't really understand how, when in this instance we got these notions of Strings and multiplying dimensions of reality well beyond our own, that cannot be empirically tested. In no way am I trying to dismiss theoretical physicists work as trivial or anything like that but I just don't see why that is seemingly supposed to hold so much more weight scientifically than say the anthropologist who might make a discovery of some physical object and then make some inferences based off that, which might have a degree of likeliness probability to it without absolute certainty.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Congrats.......Here's A Big Hug From GLEN......And I Promise.... No Attempt To "Reach Around"......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I finish 5th in our second full distance iRace this morning. I went out and led some laps early but at about lap 130ish I hit the wall and didn't have the best down force after that losing time to 9th. I had to use some strategy in pit calls to get back to 5th and the last 200 miles went green flag, so was hard holding onto that wheel. My left wrist is very sore.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Soo do you have a permit to carry a gun concealed or are you just very happy to hug a male forummer? ;)

GLENGLEN likes this.
  18. Aerianne

Hubby did call his sister last night and there was no problem. I heard him laughing alot throughout a long phone call.

Anyway, we're going to watch the Triplets play some Softball in a little while.

Enjoy your day, Everyone!

fundoo and Eric! like this.
  19. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Holy shit!!! That hurt me just watching that!

20. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Congrats to you brother Shaman!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.