What's Happening?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I work with a lady who was telling me her 76 year old mom has never seen the ocean. We're 3 - 4 hours away depending on the beach so we're not extremely close but still an easy day or weekend trip. It seems so sad that someone could live so close to the ocean and never see it throughout a long lifetime.

neoprene_queen and Orison like this.
  2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

And yeah the lady you know, shaman, who lives 45 minutes from the border and has never left the state, thats just weird.

3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

She must. There are signs in town and on the highway that point to the direction of the redwoods and the California coast.

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

That’s unusual too.

When I was little, my mom told me that the first time she ever saw the coast, she was 16. At the time that amazed me, considering I was too young to remember the first time I saw the ocean. I grew up within a 1.5hr drive from it. But she was from Iowa which explains a lot. And I can understand her perspective better now.

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Now that's just plain unacceptable

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I met some ladies at the beach who'd gone to a lot of trouble to bring an elderly lady down near the water. It seemed like they may have been from a church or even a nursing home.

They explained that the lady had never been to the beach and she'd said that she wanted to see if before she died.

I gave her some sea shells to remember her trip by.

wilsjane and neoprene_queen like this.
  7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I have been having to scratch my head for the last 15 minutes, after replying on a post about Canadian music. Finding an opera that was composed on Canadian soil and was representative of culture at that time was quite a challenge.
    Members reading my response will have to scratch their heads even harder to remember back to 1790.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i wish it really was weird, but for some reason there's a large percentage of people who just have no interest in expanding their horizons in any way. "i was born in this town and i'll die in this town, and i sure hope i don't have to see the next town over at any point in between!"

is it really up to someone to tell her? i'm positive that if she had any interest in seeing the world outside of her 5 mile radius comfort zone, she could easily find that information in any number of places.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think I'm all porked out now lol. Got a lil pork belly going. I'll metamucil that and get rid of it all in 12hrs. :p then back onto my mid section and arm workouts. :)

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Some people really like to stay put. I know some too. They hate going to a beautiful spot they never go to because they only love life in their own home and the village its in :p
    If people are really happy that way I think its rather cute. Its not sad if they don't find it sad.

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

'Morning.

[​IMG]

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

is there anything you would like to add to this mornings safety briefing .

yes, yiz can push in your chairs when not at your desk, so I dont have to bump into them.

magickman likes this.
  14. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Will never forget the ex thinking it was a good idea giving our cocker spaniel all the fat trimmings from our prime ribs from Texas Roadhouse.

He literally got up the next day with the walking shits!! So funny!!!
    She was like "why is he doing that?"
    Was like...really? lmao

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

i didnt know not to give the inlaws dog left over steak from Pf Changs . i guess she wasnt let out yet, and she pooped all over the floor from it. i never said anything about it .

magickman and Irminsul like this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'd stay clear from feeding anything that even sounds like it's remotely Chinese food lol.

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

well it was americanized steak .. lol

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

How can you americanise something that's pretty much American? Lol.

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

idk. some these Chinese restaurants are not very authentic ..might as well go to a steakhouse for the same thing ..

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I always wanted to open a aussie land in China, like a big steakhouse where ya can throw ya snag on the barbie ****! I think it'll take off, they're into that dorky shit over there. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.