Is Acid Just A Myth Now ?

Discussion in 'Drug Polls' started by outhaboxx, May 4, 2016.

1. outhaboxx

outhaboxx Members

the last time i took some acid it took forever to kick in, this was about 10 yrs ago when i was in my 20s. the potency seemed to be way off and the effects were slightly different than 5 years prior to that. what has happened to the good acid and is it even around anymore ? i wonder if all of the crappy ass chemicals they are using in bath salts and shit have totally diluted what used to be a good inspirational experience.

2. Bud D

Bud D Member

Reading on another site says there is good LSD but also other chems.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Real LSD is still around, however the number of "Research Chemicals" that are potent enough to fit on blotter has grown exponentially over the past decade. I recommend investing in an ehrlich testing kit if you don't have a reliable source.

1 person likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Apparently its still around but I agree, you never know for sure if you get the real deal if you don't know the seller/maker.

That you didn't got real lsd, even several times, doesn't mean there's none at all.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

My thinking is this... if you want to trip just do mushrooms because if you buy blotter, according to much of what I've heard on this site, you really don't know what you're getting. The recommended dosage for mushrooms is half of an eighth for one person I believe; at least that's what it used to be. Mushrooms are illegal in the United States unless I missed something, but I think you can buy/take them in Amsterdam.

1 person likes this.
  6. Bud D

Bud D Member

Shrooms are illegal now in the dam or at least banned. You can get proven cultures there.

7. outhaboxx

outhaboxx Members

a test kit is a good idea, i don't have plans to have a trip anytime soon but i will keep that in mind if i do. shrooms are great but i never got off on shrooms like i did on blotter or liquid, took me a lot more than an eighth too, something around a quarter.
    there was a bust sometime around 2000 here in the states and they locked up one of the largest manufacturers of lsd in the world (so they say) and gave hime a life sentence. that's sad. i have never heard of anyone freaking out that bad on acid man, unlike pcp or all of these other "designer drugs" that have been so prevalent since around that same time.

8. Bud D

Bud D Member

A bit of a change of subject here. I read recently that LSD-25 has somewhat of an affinity to some sort of dopamine site as well as HT2a. I found that interesting because I had an awesome synergy with some sort of lotus extract, it may have been white lotus.

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I believe the phrase "freak out" originated from LSD experiences, so it definitely can happen. Although an LSD freak out does seem to be of a different nature than some of the PCP and 25I-nbome stories I've read. Another thing to consider, is part of what makes Psychedelics, Psychedelics... Is that there can be a tremendous amount of variation from one trip to the next, even with the same dose and I find this particularly prominent with LSD, this is a point to consider. Furthermore, when you factor in variability in dosing there could be tremendous range in effects. One blotter could be laid at 40 ugs a hit, while another could be laid at 120 ugs a hit, so 3 hits of that former variety would only get you to the 1 hit level of the latter.

However, some of these newer chems require extra caution, so that is to say probably be careful and take the appropriate safety measures that you can.

10. outhaboxx

outhaboxx Members

freaking out and ending up dead are not even in the same realm. you are definitely correct about the dosages, unless you breakdown the crystal yourself you will never know the exact amount. i have megadosed plenty of times, of course the effects were different each time bc of the varying dosages, but as you can tell i did not die. i am still here annoying the hell out of people.

Life sentence for manufacturing LSD is bullshit.

11. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

all the times i took "LSD" it either had no effect on me at all (but everyone else tripped balls and swore it was legit) or it was some research chem (again, everyone else tripped balls, but this time, instead of no effect I got sweaty and feverish feeling, massively uncomfortable, and no visuals)

I have a reputation amongst friends as "the one that acid doesn't work on" but i suspect that the thing I'm immune to is some other psychoactive that gets passed around as LSD, and they just can't tell the difference. I still hear that legit stuff is out there, I'd love to try it, but I don't wanna risk a repeat performance of my last experience, which was closer to malarial fever than pleasant trip.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Ive found that shroom dosage is impossible to predict because you never really know the potency. Someone handed me a little stem once and it made me trip way harder than times when i've taken a whole eighth.

I miss shrooms. Never really bothered with acid.

13. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The last time I had good LSD was around 1986. The times I've taken it since then, it just doesn't seem the same. I think I will only do mushrooms from now on.

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Acid seems like a myth from back in the stoned age. or someshyt.

15. Bud D

Bud D Member

There are variables to how someone reacts to psycadelics we haven't even began to explore in science. I think that is why our brains don't realize reality, to many ongoing themes and dramas.

I freaked on acid my first time at age 14. My sister said it makes your brain bleed, yes I know bs. Had another trip that was sorta like a small little flu.

LSD is the most unique drug I have ever enjoyed. Nothing with quite it's power or feel.

16. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Real LSD is still around. It's not really the kind of drug many people want because it's not "getting fucked up" it can be more complex than that. But in the right circles it flows. There are more chemicals that can be passed off as LSD but they are easy to distinguish from LSD. The only exception I can think of would be a LSD analogue that some people make that could be considerd legal. But the effects from it are very similar to LSD and also safe. It's also very likely the body metabolizes this to LSD upon ingesting it. It's really just a legal loop hole at the moment.

The problem is that some of the people who end up being street dealers get caught up thinking they are in a special club and are therefore more worthy of the experience. So the cool people get good stuff and the other people get something the dealer knows is sub-par. So you may be getting LSD but it has been laid so weak a hit or two will not be enough. It's also a fragile chemical and all it takes is one dealer who has no idea how to handle it and it's done. In the old days there was a bit more of a protocol on who was allowed to sell it to avoid this and to prevent people from having to deal with things like Heroin just to get it.

1 person likes this.
  17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

What do you mean in the first sentence by "there are variables to how someone reacts to psychedelics that haven't begun to be explored by science"? Are you suggesting some of the pharmacological mechanisms of LSD are not understood or something regarding the phenomenology or experience itself that has not been explored?

18. Bud D

Bud D Member

They just came out with that LSD has somewhat of an affinity to dopamine. This is new and yes it changes how we can think about LSD's actions on the nervous system. I've experienced some strange experiences from psychedelics that just aren't easily read about in psychology. Psychology tries to dumb down a lot of what goes on that seems spiritual or esoteric, maybe even mystical. Group hallucinations, remembering things that never happened in this life, maybe some tid bits of psychic phenomena, all sorts of things.

And there is no real way to determine what the trip is going to be. Guessing really isn't science. And yes there is a lot to learn about the human brain and psychedelics could be a big part of that learning.

19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Oh ok, not sure you are doing so but I would mention to not paint this as an "issue" with Science necessarily. Bear in the mind that by and large, science organizations/institutions have to abide by the legal system in what is permitted to be studied, so having a substance like LSD classified as Schedule 1 in the USA and similar strict scheduling classifications internationally, pretty much prevents it from being approved for human studies. There have been a few studies here and there that have circumvented the legal status, notably in recent years, but for the most part, over the past 45+ years, scientific knowledge regarding LSD has been relegated to case studies and it's actions on mice and test animals.

I am for legalization of most all drugs, as I think it might prevent, or certainly lessen some of the issues that unfocusedanakin addresses and the question marks that are inferred in the op, however at the very least I think a definite exemption to legal status should be made for research. The catch 22 with drugs, particularly some of the newer chemicals but even something like LSD is that, at least in the USA people tend to be lawsuit happy, so any potential adverse reactions, even if it doesn't happen directly during the experience, likely puts researchers in a vulnerable position.

20. Bud D

Bud D Member

agreed