Human Traffic What Goes Up Must Come Down

Discussion in 'MDMA - X' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 27, 2016.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I love the stuff and have had many good experiences. Maybe I feel it more because I am usualy more shy and less inclined to talk to people when not rolling. But I have lived this scene from Human Traffic many times. You are there in nirvana talking to someone else feeling the same thing and it is beautiful. Then that person feels like a stranger and even though you have talked to them for hours you don't know what to say next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyo-9WqOPoU

1 person likes this.
  2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I really enjoy this movie, I think it gives a fairly objective and at times hilarious depiction of rave/club culture. The crash of MDMA is one of the drawbacks of it, however it is often exacerbated by staying up all night, dancing, and the consumption of other drugs.

I also find this monologue pretty accurate to describe the Ecstasy experience in the context of a rave.

http://youtu.be/e9SesDzBoJU

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Yeah that whole movie captures the rave culture well I think. It made me a bit jealous because the European scenes seems so much better. In Ameirca it was always less popular.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I haven't raved in over a year now but it was thriving here in California when I went to them. I notice a different kind of vibe between Northern and Southern Cali raves and it's even reflected in the music to an extent. But from what I've heard, it does seem to be a more select subculture in the US, then again it's a lot bigger country.

I think the impact of Ecstasy and the initial rave movement in the UK may have been more significant due to their culture. To borrow from the Pink Floyd lyrics, the scene took that "quiet desperation is the English way" stance and flipped it on it's head.