What If This Is It? What If There Is No God Or Afterlife?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Sunnyriver, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

What a killjoy lol

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

There's plenty of ways to get joy from real things; you don't need to extract it from the mud of superstitious thinking.

3. I know what atypical means, but thanks. I admit there's a lot we don't know. However, quantum information cannot be destroyed. Even black holes don't destroy information. And I'm of the opinion that we live in a 4D block universe where nothing is destroyed. And I think our personalities are the least likely thing a universe would destroy. Just my opinion, mind ye.

Excuse the artistic license.

I guess you guys went straight for the video and assumed the writing was fodder whereas I did the opposite. So are you making your claim based on facts? Who knows? You don't know.

Does the word "facetious" mean anything to you? Do you always believe whatever your brain thinks at any given time and ignore the fact that you don't know the ins and outs of everything?

No. I thought the video was just some extra related thing to the content of the page. If the content of the page isn't in the video, then I still don't know if this is not the case. But overall I'm not really interested in the video and don't have any agenda. I just thought it was interesting that an important physicist seems to think there's intelligence behind the universe. It wasn't supposed to be the world changing thing you evidently perceived it as.

WTF is wrong with YOU?! Do you have to take everything that is said on this website so deathly seriously? Not everyone here is too worried about whether they appear as fools or not to the likes of you. We're just having casual conversation. You know? Like people do in real life? You know how people discuss things with friends they haven't necessarily written a book about? Yeah, like that.

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

what a load of hogwash.

I'm not deathly serious about anything on this site, nor do I approach every conversation with ramblings like a stoned teenager

but seriously, you post a link to something based solely on what it says about the content it is providing rather than the actual content and then attempt to tell others what Michio is saying in the content you can't be bothered to view?
    The height of willful ignorance and naive comments.

Here, let me clue you in on one hint why the commentary is bullshit and how to practice a little discernment and critical thinking.
    The article title declares "Scientist says he found definitive proof that God exists."
    The photo caption reads "One of the most respected scientists of today says he has found evidence of the action of a force that governs everything."
    The body of the commentary reads "The theoretical physicist Michio Kaku claims to have developed a theory that might point to the existence of God."

Do you notice the gradual shift from DEFINITIVE PROOF!!!

Down to "well a guy has theory that might....."

But I guess according to your rules and methodology of ascertaining the validity or truth of something is relegated solely to the sensational headlines and forget about the facts.

Nice, do you make all your decisions that way?

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

The "you guys are taking this way too seriously" line is really lame.

6. Well maybe too seriously isn't the right way to put it. Maybe you're genuinely just callous when you try to insult people's ideas and make them feel stupid. I like to give you the benefit of the doubt and just think you're too emotionally invested in these conversations because you're passionate about your beliefs and not just a prick.

Oh, and noxious, I'm not running anywhere. Here to stay, and whenever you have something insightful to say that isn't just completely pointless bickering, I will pay attention. Don't expect me to get all bent out of shape because you want me to feel terribly guilty about making the silly mistake of not watching a video. Maybe you're just jaded from talking to people who stubbornly won't listen to anything you have to say. You could have just pointed out that the video wasn't like the quotations in the article. You didn't have to start with all the "What the fuck is wrong with you people!!" bullshit.

1 person likes this.
  7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL.....

you so funny....

I have no problem with people not agreeing with what I say, I've been married for almost 25 years, I'm used to it.
    WHAT I do have a problem with is people talking out their ass about things they know nothing about, and even more irritating when the information is readily available and they stubbornly refuse to look at it and still maintain they are certain in their position.
    FYI, I've called Mr. Writer out for the same crap regarding some of the things he has remarked/posted concerning the Bible and Christianity.

What do you find NOT insightful in asking/questioning you about willfully ignoring information, making claims concerning it, and then further attempting to ridicule Writer or myself because YOU didn't bother to EDUCATE YOURSELF concerning the topic?

I'm not pointlessly bickering, I'm attempting to stir/prompt/piss you off enough that you actually pull your head out and consider the information THAT YOU BROUGHT TO THE TABLE because it DOES NOT support the ideas you think it does.

Sorry dude, I at least read the stuff you linked AND watched the video, It really is too bad you can't be bothered to look at the shit YOU POSTED.

seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people who do that shit???
    I guess I'm the oddball because I like to educate myself about something before opening my mouth with opinions.

Your real name wouldn't be Hal Licino, would it?

*sigh* posting crap without a clue concerning what it actually says, I just don't get it.........

8. And there you go again. Sorry, didn't read it. Have to laugh, though. Don't you value your time at all? ha!

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

so you chose to remain ignorant, ok, your choice.

10. I'm tempted to go back and read about how stupid and useless you think I am now, really tempted...

11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

don't put words in my mouth. I never insulted you by calling you stupid and useless.
    Being ignorant of something means you do not possess knowledge concerning a topic. By your choice to NOT view the video and just assume the commentary is a synopsis of it, you are choosing to remain ignorant in this instance.

ignorance and stupidity are two very different things.

not knowing you personally and what you do, who you do it with and your interpersonal relationships, there is no way I can determine your usefulness.
    Therefore being a person who tries to be informed prior to voicing opinions I would never make such assumptions concerning your usefulness.
    everything I have said is based on your communications here.

I do not understand people who refuse to learn new information, even if it is contradictory to personal beliefs.

12. The most annoying part about this is that you just leaped to the conclusion that I was trying to avoid learning the truth in the first place.

I was watching another video, didn't feel like watching the one on the website. Simple as that.

And I never made a declarative statement about my beliefs. I jokingly said Michio Kaku theorizes there's a God or something. You decided that the video totally went against my deeply held belief that Michio Kaku theorizes there's a god.

Now I won't watch the video just to annoy you.

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Whatever, doesn't annoy me if you choose to remain ignorant on things.

14. Everyone chooses to remain ignorant of many things. You can single me out as being "willfully ignorant" for not watching one stupid video, though, if you really want to.

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

yes, but not everyone voices opinions about the things they are ignorant of. ;)

16. No, and I haven't done that either. Dunno how many times I have to point that out to you. I guess your brain can't accept that it is wrong.

17. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

This thread is long past its prime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.