Peter Attia Leaves Nusi

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by egger, Apr 12, 2016.

1. egger

egger Member

Peter Attia left NuSI, apparently in December 2015. He founded the organization in September 2012 with Gary Taubes to study the hypothesis that carbohydrates and insulin are responsible for the obesity epidemic. Attia has been quiet about his departure. He has returned to clinical medical practice in NY and CA.

It would have been appropriate for NuSI To issue a press release even if not legally required. Attia was the president. Instead, everyone was left hanging and had to figure it out for themselves.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Charlatans, him and Taubes both.

And yeah, I have pretty much made a 180 degree turn from my previous stance on these folks.

Carbsane's blog is the best when it comes to calling out the BS.

3. Kiprat

Kiprat ophidiophobe

So can someone tell me whether carbs are in fashion for Spring/Summer 2016.

Or are they "ich don't think so", as Bruno would say.

4. egger

egger Member

There wasn't an AHS symposium in the U.S. in 2015. One will be held in 2016. The gathering has turned ugly in the years since the first one in 2011. An example was Gary Taubes bullying his way to the front of the line at an AHS to barrage Stephan Guyenet with a 4-minute 'question'. AHS has implemented a code of conduct to try to restore an ethical atmosphere to what were originally symposiums about ancestral health which later turned into deep-rooted ideological and business fights about weight-loss diets with many commercial plugs for supplements and diet books.

Reporting a Code of Conduct Violation - Ancestral Health Society

5. egger

egger Member