What Is Your Skincare Routine?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by abarambling, Apr 3, 2016.

1. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Yay!
    Last time I got my makeup done was for my sister's wedding, and that was years ago. Like a long time ago.

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Products I currently use:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have really sensitive skin, so when I find something that doesn't make my face all red, I stick to it

1 person likes this.
  3. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Ah cool, pictures!

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Yeah, better than plain old text! xD

5. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Is the first thing a goat milk soap?

6. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

I don't tone or cleanse.I wash my face in the morning in the shower with a "moisturising"type soap.I then apply moisturising cream or lotion.Im never brand specific.I'd get bored using the same product all the time so switch and change quite often.Not overly concerned about wrinkles.My Mum had excellent skin and she never brought expensive products.I;ve been told a few times I look good for my age (I'm 55,what are 55 yr olds supposed to look like?Lol) so I must be doing something right I guess.

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Yeah, handmade and very cheap (less than 2 dollars! It's made in Bosnia (I buy most of my skincare stuff there).
    Plus they make all sorts of goat milk soaps - plain goat milk soap, goat milk soap with lavender/honey/oats/zeolite/calendula/beer...

In general I have trouble finding good cleansing products, like gels and lotions and micellar water, that don't make my skin go crazy.
    God, the money I've spent...

And I am always on the lookout for a really good make up removal!

1 person likes this.
  8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I used to just use some facial soap from The Art Of Shaving. But recently I had a huge acne outbreak all over my forehead due to heavy stress I was dealing with last month. It was like I was 17 all over again. So I bought a battery powered rotating scrub brush that cleans deep into the pores. I like to use a mint-based soap because it makes my face feel very brisk after washing it all off. After I shave I use a lemon-based moisturizer keep my skin from getting irritated. With all the skincare products I bought lately, someone would assume I'd turn metrosexual.

1 person likes this.
  9. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Lemon, mint? I bet your face feels really fresh and clean.

Glad your acne cleared up. Assuming it did.

10. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I use coconut oil and a reusable cloth to remove my eye makeup, which is normally marcasra. I used to wear eyeliner, but the stuff hurts my eyes now for some reason. However, it would remove that too. Not sure about eyeshadow, becuase I don't wear eyeshadow. It also works on the face, the one or two times I wore foundation.

11. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Aveeno cleanser, ASAP daily exfoliating scrub, whatever moisturiser for combination skin with SPF is on special. Once a month (ish) I like to do a mask which is usually a product from LUSH but I can't be bothered checking what it is right now.

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

No Soap....No Nuffin.....Just Cool Clear Water......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

13. Mattekat

I use mineral oil (or baby oil) to remove my makeup. It takes everything, even my mascara off and as far as I know is good for sensitive skin too.

14. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Finally, another au naturel like myself :)

15. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I'm going to give you a facial someday, and you will like it, You hear me? You will like it.

Actually, the Cavemen Regeime, doesn't even use water, if you can avoid it, which you can if you just don't put your face in water, like in the shower or something.

16. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

I buy generic body wash, or a sale item if it's cheaper, and use it on my face. Other than that, I use sunscreen. Sometimes when I run out of my body wash, I go through my wife's multitude of products to find something that lathers. One day I grabbed this (see below), or something similar. It felt like it was burning my skin.

[​IMG]

Moral of the story - read warning and caution statements before applying things to your skin.

17. Mattekat

So you put shampoo on your face? *slow clap*

2 people like this.
  18. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Seriously. In high school/college I tried just about every product out there, since my skin is perpetually oily and acne-prone. Nothing really worked to clear it up, so I stopped. Now I just use castile soap to wash, works for make-up and everything else. A bottle lasts forever and I can read and identify every single ingredient on the label.

19. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Which one do you use?

Post a pic, or a link.

Are these any good?
    https://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/category/LIQUIDSOAP.html

I really have to stop buying products. .
    You're all tempting me with all your stuff though.

I want to get this, because I got a sample before and I really, really liked it

[​IMG]

Also, YFM, it's good that you always read the label, I never do, and I probably should.

20. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Also, my mother swears by this

[​IMG]

It contains fish oil, and it's super cheap.
    It's not an everyday thing though, more like a few times a week thing, very useful in the summer after sun exposure