What Is Your Skincare Routine?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by abarambling, Apr 3, 2016.

1. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Men can answer this too.

I mostly do the Caveman Regime, becuase I'm a lazy mofo. But, on days I'm not so lazy I clean my face with unscented castile soap and this device called the Foreo Luna. Then I apply some sort of hydrosol, like jasmine water, castile oil around my eyes, and either raspberry seed oil, coconut oil, carrot seed oil, or wheatgerm oil. On days I'm really not lazy then I exfoliate using raw clay, such as kaolin clay. I also double the clay as a mask, after I use it as an exfoliant. I finish it up with a raw butter, like avocado butter. Of course, if I am really, really not lazy then I make my own skincare.

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Water

1 person likes this.
  3. abarambling

abarambling Banned

So, cavemen regime? Awesome. Keeping it natural.

4. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I think most people can get away with only using water and getting a little sunshine. Some will have to change their pillow cases often and cut sugar or dairy out of their diet. Then theres the people who use 27 different products on their face.. lol

5. abarambling

abarambling Banned

My routine isn't too intensive, only ten products, and there are four steps, so I'm not using all ten products at once. And like I said most days I just use water as well.

6. PunchDrunkKitten

PunchDrunkKitten borne on the fm waves of a broken heart

I wash with cold water, no cleanser and pat dry in the am applying a toner afterwards. I havent worn makeup in months, but i do apply a slightly tinged cc cream as my skintone is very uneven and i have a pretty even combination of dry patches to oily ones.
    At night, i wash with plain old dial antibacterial soap with the aloe infusion by hand except for twice a week i use a wash cloth to exfoliate.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Cold water, no soap, coconut oil for a moisturizer and lime juice for a toner.

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

some days i rubs the lotion

some days i gets the hose

9. abarambling

abarambling Banned

You guys make me sound all high maintenance with my skincare.

1 person likes this.
  10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

You must have beautiful skin...

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Not that i dont like this post, but i meant to quote it not like it

Anywho, i just have sensitive skin so i have to take a minimalist approach. You dont sound too high mai tenance.

12. morrow

morrow Visitor

I wash my face with an exfoliating cloth am, then apply a vitamin c reviver.
    Once a week, I use a skin polisher, and then have a face moisture mask.
    That's it. And my skin is great!
    Never use soap on my face. Wash my hair backwards, always have.
    My reviver is also a UV protection.

13. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I also want to try the skincare line for Pacifica, Osea, Earthwise Beauty, and Andalou Naturals. In general I really enjoy the art of skincare, and natural beauty. If I could work at a spa giving people facials and massages I probably would actually be quite happy, career wise. My original plan was to join the airforce or military as an architect, that failed. Then I changed it to becoming a social worker/architect to build my own multidisciplinary foster care, that failed. But, if I could work at a spa I think all my failures would be worth it. But, I don't know how one goes about working at a spa. I think you need a degree for that or something. Anyways, I'm going off tangent, per usual. So, I will stop typing now.

And thanks, Piaf. Out of anything the most compliments I ever gotten were for my complexion. That or my ass. Lol. I don't think either are that great, but compliments are always nice.

14. Bud D

Bud D Member

I like to use old fashioned lye soap on my face. It works really well!

Then I also shave, because my beard makes me look fat. I use body soap and a puff thingy for my body.

All and all I'm pretty happy with that. Of course my mom treats me like one of my sisters and has bought me skin care items. I never used those and she wanted them back.

15. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I wash my face with whatever bar of soap is on hand normally or with some face cleaner sample since I've always got samples laying around everywhere. My skin is not sensitive at all so I can switch it up as often as I like. Then I use a witch hazel toner, my eye cream because I have horribly puffy dark bags under my eyes, and a facial moisturizer. I often use the cetaphil moisturizer, but I've got lots of samples of stuff to use up I that department too. Once a week I pick either a scrub or a mask from all my samples and use that too. Most of the masks never seem to do anything, but if I exfoliate, I do notice how soft my face is for the next couple of days.

On days that I wear makeup, I also remove that with mineral oil. If I'm really lazy or it is very late sometimes I just do that and then wipe it all off with some witch hazel. On nights when I'm not feeling too lazy, I'll wash and moisturize again too.

16. Mattekat

I highly recommend the Pacifica line. I don't currently use it but I've tried samples of most of it and loved it all! Andalaou naturals is really nice too, my mom uses their stuff and loves it. As for working at a spa, you often do need to take a short beautician course, nothing close to the training requiet to be an architchat though! But be warned, waxing people's nether regions is on the curriculum.

17. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Aren't you like a hairstylist or makeup artist? I might be confusing you with someone else.

18. Mattekat

I'm just a wannabe makeup artist. Not a professional yet. I want to work on gory movies someday though!

19. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I have seen some of your pictures, you got skill. I have a ton of makeup. You should totally come over my apartment someday and do my makeup. Lol! I buy makeup, but I don't wear it, besides mascara and some sort of lip product. Sometimes I can't even be bothered doing that. I'm lame. I really need to stop buying makeup if I'm not going to use it. But, damn it... the packaging is what sucks me in. I know the rules of the trade when it comes to makeup. I just don't apply them onto myself.

20. Mattekat

Awww thank you! If I'm ever in your area I'll come do your makeup!