Sayings Or Quotes Of The Day.....let's Hear Yours.....

Discussion in 'People' started by Moonglow181, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

image.jpeg Still funny

McFuddy and Monkey Boy like this.
  2. "Yes, I’ve changed. I used to believe in everything that you do, maybe even more firmly.
    But then in Smyrna, Talib-effendi said to me: ‘When you see a young man reaching for the sky, grab him by the leg and pull him back down to the ground.’ And he pulled me back down to the ground. ‘You are destined to live here,’ he scolded me. ‘So live here! And live as nicely as you can, but without shame. It is better that God ask you: why did you not do that? rather than: why did you do that?”’

“And what are you now?”

“A wanderer on wide roads where I meet good and bad people, who have the same worries and troubles as people do here, who have the same trivial joys as people do everywhere.”

“What would happen if everyone took your path?”

“The world would be happier. Maybe."

I post way too much here.

3. “I'm Eastern European, you know; we've got these dark souls."

4. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

5. Love us dirty, for any one will love us clean.

- Gogol

6. Someone said to me once that a cigarette at the right moment is better than all the ideals in the world.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But we were born of risen apes, not fallen angels, and the apes were armed killers besides. And so what shall we wonder at? Our murders and massacres and missiles, and our irreconcilable regiments? Or our treaties whatever they may be worth; our symphonies however seldom they may be played; our peaceful acres, however frequently they may be converted into battlefields; our dreams however rarely they may be accomplished. The miracle of man is not how far he has sunk but how magnificently he has risen. We are known among the stars by our poems, not our corpses.

- Robert Ardrey

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

human is just a species
    america is just a country
    christianity is just a religion

but

without logic there is no way to avoid causing harm
    without consideration there is only tyranny
    without honesty, there is only ignorance.

Moonglow181 likes this.
  9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

yes i understand that gene rodenberry's star trek universe is fantasy,
    but i also know, the reasons some humans want to believe its not possible,
    are also, utter and absolute bull shit.

10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Why does this sound so familiar? Did someone have this as a signature years ago?

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Its possible, i'm not sure where I first heard this and it could very well have been from someone here

12. Then a priestess said, "Speak to us of Prayer."

And he answered, saying:

You pray in your distress and in your need; would that you might pray also in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance.

For what is prayer but the expansion of yourself into the living ether?

And if it is for your comfort to pour your darkness into space, it is also for your delight to pour forth the dawning of your heart.

And if you cannot but weep when your soul summons you to prayer, she should spur you again and yet again, though weeping, until you shall come laughing.

When you pray you rise to meet in the air those who are praying at that very hour, and whom save in prayer you may not meet.

Therefore let your visit to that temple invisible be for naught but ecstasy and sweet communion.

For if you should enter the temple for no other purpose than asking you shall not receive.

And if you should enter into it to humble yourself you shall not be lifted:

Or even if you should enter into it to beg for the good of others you shall not be heard.

It is enough that you enter the temple invisible.

themnax likes this.
  13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

every chapter of "the prophet" is a blessing.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  14. I am glad you think so :)
    It's a masterpiece, imo.

15. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

In a sea of People
    My heart will always be
    Searching for her

16. [​IMG]

17. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

yes...one can look at "grown ups" as the children they once were, too...

Boy, there sure are a lot of bullies and mean kids then .....lol

I look at things this way, too, at times....

How many sweet children do you see quietly minding their own business playing with their own dolls or cars or whatever....

I know two little girls that I am close to, now..

One is 4...She is mean spirited already...a spoiled, rotten brat....and I think she is like her mom...not Stan's blood nephew....in this way.

The other one...my neighbor's girl, will be 5 in Sept. She is the sweet one. Her mom left her when she was only about one to go be with a woman.....and left her with my neighbor's son...who is the best dad you ever could find in the world...he was terribly hurt for a long, long time also.....Emmy did not talk for quite a while...and I could see she was hurt and confused..........but now she talks.I connect with her more and want to protect her and have a hand in keeping her the sweet little girl she is....before the mean ones swoop down on her to wreck and hurt her more.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Meliai likes this.
  18. @Moonglow181

That's kind od harsh..."a rotten brat".
    She's only 4.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2018
  19. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh, please.....She hits people for no reason.....and at least i am not sending talking death shyt to her. I am very good to her in spite of it.

I tell it like it is. like it or not.