Is Man Actually Indigenous To This Planet?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Aristotlethewise, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I saw a interesting meme yesterday. It was the picture we all seen where starts off as a monkey and progressively evolves to a human.

Anyway it said there's millions of these (monkeys) and millions of these (humans) but where are the millions of these? (Everything in between) and it got me thinking. Yeah, if we did evolve from primates, and that simplest primate still coexists today, well where are the in between? Doesn't make sense to me much.

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i think so but i dont think what we evolved from is.

3. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Roughly 90% of the surface area of my whole body produces follices, in abundance. Some of us are not so different from the ape

Wildlings

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL
    do you think all those changes took place over a long weekend?

we lost our hair as our brains increased in size, which requires more calories to function, thereby producing more heat as a by-product and we lost our hair and developed major sweat glands to keep our bodies/blood cool so our huge brains don't overheat. Thus transpired over millions of generations.
    The real puzzling question is the huge leap in a relatively short time span that our brains took in the development of the frontal cortex. That happened over the course of less that 60,000 years.
    Explain that one.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Still makes no sense shedding our fur only to then cover ourselves up to keep warm. That's just stupid. and if our brains were overheating it would make even more sense to lose the hair on our heads, which is the opposite of what's happened. I mean when my head is hot, I don't take my shoes off to cool down. :unsure:

It's a legit question.

Where's the missing link and the evolutionary advancements from point A to whatever point we are at now. There's very hardly any record of point B, C and so on and definitely not in the numbers to suggest evolution over generations, with the lack of findings, almost bred themselves out through lack of mates.

Creating man in gods image is really interesting. All the gods written about were humanoid in appearance, extremely similar to us. They didn't look like apes and monkeys.

6. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

This subject is quite entertaining to me. In grade school we were taught that Darwin was for the idea of evolution.
    And it has been stated here several times that Darwin wasn't totally believing nor disbelieving in Christianity.

But the Reverend at the last Christian church I attended for any length of time (2013-2014) said that before his death, Charles Darwin accepted Jesus Christ
    as his Savior. So I think that kind of makes Darwinism a non-factor, if this is indeed true. Or maybe he got "Saved" just to be on the "safe" side.

Yet they still teach Darwinism in our schools. Lmao.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    That's a nonissue, magickman. Is every person that accepted Jesus in denial of evolution? Far from it. Are all of those christians who embrace the evolution theory in conflict with the seemingly problematic contradiction between the idea of evolution and what christianity teaches? They are not.

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

If we judged people's ideas and theories posited during their career based solely on their dying moments, while they are often incapable of being autonomous and usually doped up on pain killers then you might have a point, But fortunately we don't.

9. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Sure. Whatever. Lol.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if you say we come from somewhere else, well, that's nice, but only beggs the question, so how did we come to be THERE?

i see no reason there wouldn't be people evolved independently on worlds in other solar systems,
    but doing so in each worlds own way, to the extent of not immediately realizing each other were people were they to meet.

evolution is a thing that can be observed to happen,
    gods may also exist, but their role, if any, is somewhat more difficult to do so.

11. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, my god, surely imagined a better world than this one, so why didn';t he put me in thaT WORLD? :d

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

darwin was born, lived and died as a 'christian', which has precisely zero to do with the question. there is no religion called darwinism. only a preponderance of evidence capable of being indipendently observed. rather unlike claimes as to knowledge as to the will of gods or a god.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

Charles darwin was born, lived and died, 110 % more 'christian' than all the idiots in the world, who refuse to figure out, that passing judgement on honest scientific observation of the physical material universe we all live in and are surrounded by, has absolutely nothing what so ever to do, with what christianity, or any other religion, is all about.

(which is still aside from the topic of THIS thread, which doesn't answer the question of human origen, but only deffers it to having taken place somewhere else. and if not on that one, then the one before that, ad infinitum? maybe we can go all the way around the universe and never have origeonated anywhere at all?)