Woman Has A Solo Wedding

Discussion in 'People' started by Bilby, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

2. Kiprat

Kiprat ophidiophobe

Yet another form of mental illness being "celebrated" and promoted.
    Seriously fucking gross!

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Can't bring myself to be offended by this. Why get so spun up about something that isn't hurting anyone, but makes the person who does it happy?
    I also don't think I would ever do this myself, I can dress up and take pretty pictures whenever I want. Japan sure does have some odd trends, doesn't it?

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

It's really retarded.
    But then again, everything today is so ME, ME, ME, ME.

3 people like this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Isn't the whole concept of a wedding very "me, me, me, me"? My love is special, shower me with gifts, photograph me, admire my beauty, gather in a large crowd to watch me, my big day. It's mostly about the bride (not always). Couples could always chose to quietly get married at a courthouse, but instead they spend tons of money to lavishly celebrate themselves.

7. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I guess I would see the women who do this in mostly sympathetic terms. Sounds like they would like to be married, and they are very lonely.

The thing to lament is the fracturing of healthy gender relations implicit in the trend

3 people like this.
  8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Not always, no.

Not all weddings are like an American movie, and not every woman is a bridezilla.

2 people like this.
  9. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

10. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I went to a wedding shower today; my daughter's best friend. Her wedding will be in May.

Back in October, she announced that she and her fiance had secretly gotten married in August.

She wanted to be married "for spiritual reasons" but she still wanted the big wedding so it's happening.

It's the weirdest damn thing to me.

1 person likes this.
  11. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I don't get the whole "I don't need a man" in your face thing.
    It's cool that she's perfectly content on her own, but why the need for a ceremony/wedding album/weedding dress.
    If you're so happy on your own, disregard the whole wedding thing, why even give a fuck...

Many women have already given up on meeting someone or getting married, and this makes them realise marriage isn’t the only goal in life.
    Yeah, good for you, why do you WANT/NEED a solo wedding then?? I don't get it.

Look at me, I am so independent and I can choose what side of bed I sleep on.
    But at the same time, I feel the need to put on a white dress and show everyone how happy I am on my own.

Meanwhile, I enjoy sleeping on whichever side of the bed I choose (though I barely move an inch at night), eating cereal for dinner most nights and doing whatever I want, whenever I want. Sure, I enjoy the company of a man once in a while, but I’d rather just borrow a friend’s beau to help me put up shelves than be in a full-time relationship for those kinds of perks.

Yup, that's true freedom right here.
    I guess most people today are not willing to make any sacrifices or changes in their lives, and to have a partner in the truest meaning of the word.
    Because true freedom is eating dinner most nights and doing whatever you want, whenever you want (me, me, me, me). It's just very convenient.

Anyways, those solo weddings and wedding pics are so sad to me.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It does seem rather narcissistic. Fits nicely into our self focused culture doesn't it?

3 people like this.
  13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I love wedding dresses. I've always dreamed of having a wedding dress shoppe so I could be surrounded by them every day.

I don't love them so much that I'd have a solo wedding.

Maybe, I'd model some wedding dresses and have some pics made like that.

I think the solo wedding doesn't give off the impression that you're happy not being married.

Women could throw themselves huge parties and dress in anything they felt beautiful in. That might be fun.

A solo wedding seems like having a funeral without a body.

Maybe I could get into that business! Everyone could see and hear how much they are loved and would be missed without having to actually die!

1 person likes this.
  14. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

It does.

15. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

idk...maybe they want to see what it feels like to be in a wedding dress and photographed in it.....and things like that....playing a role for a day or something to feel some part of what it might be like? I am not a psychologist, and I am sure for different people there are different reasons.....I would not do that.....had a hard enough time with my wedding that was very subtle and at the house where I lived at the time.....wore a silk night gown from Victoria's Secret I spent $40.00 or something that looked like a beautiful dress from the 1920's........It was mostly Stan's day, I think....My brother read a lovely poem he wrote for me....That was my favorite moment....

Speaking of weddings and wedding dresses...i grabbed these beautiful photos the other day....I don't like many wedding dresses i see...but this is gorgeous. Kelly Clarkson looked lovely.....I want to find some white lace blouses for this summer.....

Kelly-Clarkson-Wedding.jpg

rs_300x300-131021111949-600-2kelly-clarkson-wedding_ls_102113.jpg

2 people like this.
  16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well in the Pantheon of architypes it still rates well above a republican marriage, which was a form of medieval execution where a man and woman were tied together and thrown into a pool of water to drown

Hotwater

17. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ye gods, Hotwater..... :yikes:

3 people like this.
  18. anababin

anababin Members

yes what's wrong with dressing up and taking pictures? its fun. maybe she is a little sad that she can't have a real wedding.

19. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

So what happens when it doesn't work out and she wants to divorce herself?

1 person likes this.
  20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well if she truly wants to get her money’s worth she’ll make the divorce as difficult as possible. She’ll even use their imaginary children as weapons against her spouse claiming they were molested.

Hotwater