Acid Breaking Down?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by leburto, Mar 1, 2016.

1. leburto

leburto Members

So, my first time ever dropping acid, i got me and my friends 10 tabs. We dropped between 1-1.5 each (150ug tabs) and got pretty fucked up as expected (this was Saturday). It is now Tuesday and i dropped just one tab this time, waited 2 hours and didnt feel anything? After 2 hours of absolutely nothing, i dropped the last tab, and i wasnt sober, although it was nothing like my first time dropping. I had some pupil dilation on the second tab, some slight visuals although overall pretty much nothing compared to the first night?

What could of happened? Could anything of happened to the tabs?

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

if it was subjected to heat that could cause it to degrade,
    BUT the most likley reason is you simply did not wait long enough. tolerance to LSD and similar psychedelics builds rapidly, within hours, so that any subsequent dosing within a certain time frame isn't going to be anywhere as potent as recent previous doses.
    The basic rule of thumb is to wait at least a week, two is better, a month or more is best.

1 person likes this.
  3. leburto

leburto Members

I kinda get you, but surely 3 nights wait is enough to feel something? Like the first tabs really did fuck me up, but then i felt nothing? I think it must be because it is still summer in Australia, and i did have the tabs in a not completely airtight zipseal bag, and it travelled with me everywhere in my pocket or wallet, and was out all the time to show mates. Could this be the reason or is it because my tolerance was too high at that time?

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

both contributed to your weak trip. next time seal it away from light, air and heat. no need to show it off, is there?

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The enemies of LSD are heat, oxygen, and light. All of those are probably plentiful in Australia right now. You can't carry it around in your wallet for very long like that. 3 days is a short tolerance break you would feel something but probably not as good as the first trip. You have to wait a few weeks at least to really have the mind blowing experiences. Otherwise you just get used to that state of mind. Sounds like you weaken your hits by your storage method.

Keep it under 77 F and between the pages of a book or CD case in a drawer or someplace with no airflow. You could put them in the freezer but the constant temperature change is also not good for it and you risk condensation. I've stored hits at room temp for years like I mentioned above and they are still strong.

6. Desos

Desos Senior Member

you should have been able to at least feel something, even if it was only 3 days later. but you won't notice the acid degrading all that much in 3 days either, even if it was stored poorly. very strange.

best to wait a month or so between trips, especially while you are starting out. you won't notice any tolerance if you wait that long. it is also best to store the acid the best you can as soon as possible, and not get it out to show people. keep it sealed away from light, heat, and air. common items contained in kitchens can help you with this. ideally, contain the acid in an air-tight seal, covered from light, and put it in the freezer.

or maybe room temperature would work. where do you get 77 degrees from anakin?

7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Erowid its about LSD samples in urine so you would have already eaten it. But as an armature chemist I figure it has to be roughly as stable before.

https://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?ID=8647

A controlled study was undertaken to determine the stability of LSD in pooled urine samples. The concentrations of LSD in urine samples were followed over time at various temperatures, in different types of storage containers, at various exposures to different wavelengths of light, and at varying pH values. LSD concentrations were measured quantitatively by the Abuscreen RIA and by HPLC using a fluorescence detection method. Good correlation was observed between the immunoassay and the fluorescent integrity of the LSD molecule. Thermostability studies were conducted in the dark with various containers. These studies demonstrated no significant loss in LSD concentration at 25 degrees C for up to 4 weeks. After 4 weeks of incubation, a 30% loss in LSD concentration at 37 degrees C and up to a 40% at 45 degrees C were observed. Urine fortified with LSD and stored in amber glass or nontransparent polyethylene containers showed no change in concentration under any light conditions. Stability of LSD in transparent containers under light was dependent on the distance between the light source and the samples, the wavelength of light, exposure time, and the intensity of light. After prolonged exposure to heat in alkaline pH conditions, 10 to 15% of the parent LSD epimerized to iso-LSD. Under acidic conditions, less than 5% of the LSD was converted to iso-LSD. We also demonstrated that trace amounts of metal ions in buffer or urine could catalyze the decomposition of LSD and that this process can be avoided by the addition of EDTA. This study demonstrates the importance of proper storage conditions of LSD in urine in order to insure proper analytical testing results over time.

Tags: