Clinton Vs. Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Karen_J, Feb 25, 2016.

?

President of the US - November 2016 election

1. Hillary Clinton

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  2. Donald Trump

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  3. Gary Johnson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Yesterday we got a preview of what a Trump presidency might be like. No president can get anything through Congress without the support of the Speaker of the House. Trump, the great negotiator, had his first meeting with Paul Ryan yesterday, and left with nothing to show for it.

2. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Everything points to the Bernie supporters staying home, in November, if he doesn't get the nomination. They will be shooting themselves in the foot, because Trump is way worse than Hillary.

I will admit that I wasn't a Bernie supporter in the beginning, but have come to like him. However, if he doesn't get the nod, my vote goes to Clinton.

As an aside, I am in California, and people think of California as being liberal. It is in the urban areas, but get in the rural areas, and it's home to a lot of rednecks.

3. Who cares if Trump can't get a law passed. Better than Hillary getting another law passed that restricts our voter rights even more.

2 people like this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

isn't that largely the case anywhere? then the states with a higher percentage of their total population in urban areas are thought to be the liberal states, because that's what a higher percentage of the total population is.

5. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Well, I've added Gary Johnson to the list of poll options because some national polls are showing him as high as 10%.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I wonder at what point it's a good idea to say to myself "Okay self, Sanders isn't going to make it, time to get on board with Hilary full speed ahead!". Are we there yet? :)

7. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Take your cue from Elizabeth Warren, who has been one of Bernie's most loyal supporters, and ranks second in popularity among Sanders fans. Her political views are almost identical to his. She thinks it's time.

2 people like this.
  8. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I called it! Black lives Matter type bullshit handed this victory to trump.

1 person likes this.
  9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Trump won because this country has a social justice warrior problem

1 person likes this.
  10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Actually, Trump won because this country has a moron problem.

2 people like this.
  11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Apathy problem. And a lack of hope and/or involvement. No job, no money... no reason to not vote on Trump.

12. riverman18

riverman18 solid gold brass

Or maybe enough people just got tired of being called morons.

13. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I seen Hillary pandering to just as many morons. Last thing I seen with Hillary before the election was something with Beyonce. I cringed to myself, last thing I'd want is an endorsement from that black racist, thug panther supporter.

14. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Not even close.

Morons are EXTREMELY tired of being called morons. They demand the same level of respect as intelligent people.

1 person likes this.
  15. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Well darn it, American voters failed so many celebrities :-(
    Oh no :-(

16. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i find it amusing that many of the complaints about the election (mostly concerning race) could be flipped upside down by the parties if you look at what happened 8 years ago. its kind of like now both sides get to see what it feels like when this happens.

as one person pointed out though...nobody went around flipping cars because their candidate didnt win.

stay classy hillary supporters...stay classy!!!

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

When in Rome...

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Sometimes I think it should be the coasts ceceeding from the union and not Texas.

20. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Not even close.

Shortly before the election, Michael Moore released an online video and did several TV interviews explaining why he thought Trump would win. Making a long story short, this is the first chance Americans have had in any general election to vote for a mainstream party candidate who was opposed to unrestricted foreign trade, which has been financially devastating to many American families who relied on manufacturing income for generations.

Bernie Sanders shared this concern also, but never made it to the general election because party insiders like Debbie Wasserman Schultz decided that Hillary had waited her turn, and she was female, so he needed to quietly go away. Fuck the voters.

For a lot of voters, unrestricted foreign trade is an urgent issue. They can no longer afford to pay their bills because of it. They can't wait another four or eight years. So they made a hard choice.

The DNC forgot that political parties exist to serve their members, not the other way around. If the leadership doesn't adapt and change on its own, it's going to become irrelevant like the old RNC leaders have become. Both parties now have out of touch, unresponsive leadership. They will not be allowed to hang onto power.

Maybe we will be okay in the long run, if Trump doesn't destroy the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.