Trippy Emotions

Discussion in 'The Psychedelic Experience' started by Jonycreeps, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Jonycreeps

Jonycreeps Members

Hello, somtimes I feel this very exciting, eerie, trppy feeling that I often struggle to cling on to. I usually ascotiate this feeling with things like conspiracy theories, cartoons, and psychedelic music of the 60s and the thought of drugs because these are the things that originally induced this high (not doing drugs just thinking about them). I have always wondered if other people felt the same way or can at least relate. Its a high I wish i could get more of and understand more but doesn't seem like I ever will. Thoghts?

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think the intent of a lot of psychedelic music is to emulate aspects of the psychedelic experience through the audio medium, so it's not surprising that good psychedelic music might bring some to a general mindstate or evoke intense, ineffable feelings. Some cartoons can be pretty trippy as well, I will occasionally combine music and animations which often has some pretty synergistic effects.

The conspiracy theory stuff I cannot relate to with as much, I guess there are some things like alien cover ups which are kind of far out, but a lot of it seems either overly paranoid or grandeur delusions and if I were to relate it to drugs, it's more along the lines of stimulant psychosis rather than psychedelic.

3. Jonycreeps

Jonycreeps Members

guerillabedlan, do you think that people share the same, or at least a similar, emotion when they experience this kind of thing or do you think it's different for everyone? Throughout my life I used to think that when I saw a trippy animation or hear a trippy song other people feel the same way or have at least felt that way before while doing the same thing. One example that sticks out to me the most is the Beatles. At a young age when I started listening to the Beatles I've felt these things that I thought were synonymous to the Beatles and their music and it was for everyone else as well. But I sort of question that since everyone is different and not everyone likes the Beatles or likes them for the same reason and that possibly means that not everyone feels the same while listening or thinking of them or looking at a picture of them even if they do like them. This is an important question for me because it would help me understand who I am and how I fit in with other people and if we share the same kind of emotions or not.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It probably varies, I think some people share some emotions with this kind of thing, others experience probably fairly personal emotions. The Beatles music is pretty much universal, very influential to other musicians and has held up well over half a century, so I do think that a lot of people probably connect to their music in similar ways.

5. Jonycreeps

Jonycreeps Members

Yeah, it's just kind of hard to grasp that out of the millions, if not billions, of people that have listened to and enjoyed the Beatles music have all shared similar emotions although it doesn't seem impossible since all our brain chemistry is pretty much the same although we are all a little different. I would like my experiences to be uniquely mine but it would be cool for it to be shared with others too. Neither are really bad.

6. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

we = love