I'm Only 16 In 2016...can I Really Call Myself A Hippie

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Xiri, Jan 29, 2016.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Before there were Hippies, there were Beatniks, Before there were Beatniks there were Bohemians, Before there were Bohemians, there were (and still are) 'Pagans' witch was an established faith.
    Labels are there for others to tag - what is important - methinks - is that the Free Spirit of expression with was, which is, and forever should be, continues - You are what you are by actions and deeds and just what you believe, you are :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Rhydwyn the Green

Rhydwyn the Green Members

a word means what YOU believe it means unless you live by this or that dictionary;most live by their own dictionary a "dictionary" is a common book of language that people only loosely follow and never read. it's kinda like the Bible or Koran most people only believe what suits their particular desires fears or prejudices at the moment; so if YOU believe you are a hippie them my brother; Hippie you be.

you must always follow he voice (not voices) inside you not the movie outside it is the only way to find the real you that you are.

Rhydwyn the Green

3. Rhydwyn the Green

Or sister. gender too is an assumed identiy, ask Karl Jung. oh wait he's dead, or is he? is anyone ever really dead? maybe to this world

4. Rhydwyn the Green

"and death shall nave no dominion" DYLAN thomas

5. Rhydwyn the Green

"as the Eagle soared high above the forest scavenging and killing to feed its young the lowly beaver laboured and ate the poplar trees to create a home for his family and in doing so he created homes for many in the whole forest. what is the truth in that tale? both are noble in their own way, but which would you want as a friend? the one who flew high alone in the clouds and grandeur to live or the the one who worked alone tirelessly in the muck for a home and good life for all?

the one that serves is the one that will eventually soar the highest for his wings are not held on with wax.

6. Rhydwyn the Green

oh and maybe all those "christian " Americans should look to a poor Jew rather than a wealthy and powerful German to save the US Feel the Bern? by the way the name Clinton is also of Germanic origin as is Saxe-Coburg Gotha. Not that Germans (I'll be Bach) are necessarily bad I just don't want them running my life that's all I thought that was why we fought two world wars. oh and material sacrifice usually ends up not gaining a lot of money and temporal power. how then can a man who Has sacrificed soooo much for Americans have so much money? and what good is that wealth if it requires you to always be sacrificing to get it. sounds a little like a "pagan" ritual of sacrificing your young to get what the gods will give you for your gratification. btw i am not paganophobic it's just a word which actually means someone from the country.

adios partners

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

What the hell are you going on about?

8. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

This is a very important sentiment, one echoed by spiritual teachers. You're obviously very spiritually tuned-in.

It's pretty far off topic though. It seems like one idea triggers many other ideas in your head. Other people may have a hard time following your thought process.

Clearing your mind of thoughts with meditation may be very beneficial to you.

In the spirit of love and peace,

Nameste

9. Rhydwyn the Green

Tyson sorry what I said did not mean anything to you I am psychic so what I write is not always what others may understand. I am a channel and what comes through comes through perhaps what was written is not for you or maybe it is for you to contemplate before you dismiss it. At any rate if you have been offended that was not my intention and I do apologize for any misunderstanding.
    Rhydwyn

10. Rhydwyn the Green

Riddles in the Dark
    sometimes what is said plainly is ignored as obvious or meaningless often one must disguise wisdom within an enigma.

11. Rhydwyn the Green

The imagery from the comment about soaring expresses a truth that incorporates the wisdom of Christianity and the Greek story of Icarus but the the message is simple. if you think about it; i am sure it will become clearer.

12. Rhydwyn the Green

I use the language of myth because it activates both hemispheres of the brain, if you let. It is not meant to be a philosophical or scientific treatise. More Zen than Catholic, more Buddha than Aquinas

13. Rhydwyn the Green

btw my name is Welsh for Blessed or White Ford or Crossing; meaning I try to bridge the river that separates the East from the West sides of the rivers of thought From the side of the Setting Sun to the Risen Son. That is the purpose of Rhydwyn the Green
    this name was given to me even before i knew its true meaning.

14. Rhydwyn the Green

the reason for Green? it is the colour of healing, of the heart chakra (the chakra that separates the three lower chakras from the three upper), of living earth.It is the colour of life in this world and it is also the colour that the human eye is most responsive to, the middle colour of the rainbow what (a bridge of colour)other colour could i be at this time?

15. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

We are a new generation of hippies!

16. Rhydwyn the Green

Why use references to Greece and Palestine (Christianity)? do they not lie at the crossroads between not two but 3 continents as in a 3 dimensional world?

17. Rhydwyn the Green

Progress is always change. change is not always progress simply an oscillation between two extremes of the same thing. the only way to truly have fun which you will not suffer for in the future is if the fun you have takes you to a higher consciousness a higher understanding of life for ignorance is not the source of bliss innocence is

18. Rhydwyn the Green

unless you seek freedom you are neither a true hippie or even a true beatnik. they are both a very tantric concept

19. Rhydwyn the Green

and true freedom is freedom from suffering. a Buddhist concept and the inspiration for the beat and hippie movements

20. Rhydwyn the Green

anything else keeps moving through the ever lower path of pleasure and pain of a bad karmic cycle