Organization Trying To End Marijuana Stigma With Language

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RedRoland321, Jan 12, 2016.

1. RedRoland321

RedRoland321 Members

From the I Don't Use Campaign website (www.idontuse.org):

"We are challenging the concept that marijuana is used by users. This kind of language works to abstract marijuana, and to marginalize its consumers.

It’s dangerous rhetoric that reinforces systems that incarcerate and punish people – particularly minorities – for consuming a substance that’s legal in 23 states, and shown to be safer than alcohol, tobacco, and many prescription drugs.

We are committed to empowering marijuana patients and enthusiasts to declare their marijuana consumption, using the same language you hear around commonplace things like having a beer, taking a prescription, or playing a video game."

Seems like a pretty solid idea and they post some funny stuff on twitter... do you guys think it's gonna be this easy?

2. Bud D

Bud D Member

I reject that all drug use is abuse.

3. CelerySticks

CelerySticks Newbie

I think the perception of marijuana is changing fast. And once the older generation that was brainwashed into believing it was so evil passes away their will be a whole different mentality towards it