Do You Ever Wish You Were Ignorant And Brainwashed?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by TheSamantha, Jan 2, 2016.

1. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Like most people go about seeming to be, with their middling ways?

I should be indifferent to this but it's annoying.

2. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I dont understand The Question ?
    Anyway I will have to wait for someone to come on and tell me how I should Feel !
    ;)

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

3 people like this.
  4. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

The ignorant appear to be blissfully happy.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What are you talking about exactly? In what way do most people seem brainwashed and ignorant to you? I have the feeling they may just live differently than you and you are projecting things on them because you misunderstand why they do so.

1 person likes this.
  6. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

The most ignorant people I know seem to be miserable and angry all the time, because not everybody agrees with their point of view and they don't get their way all the time. I don't want any part of that.

1 person likes this.
  7. Asmodean

It takes a special kind of ignorance to be convinced that someone themselves is the exception and pretty much everybody else that disagrees is ignorant (or brainwashed). There are exceptions though where it is actually the case but it really depends on the details.
    OP is talking about middling ways. Which ones was she thinking of when this thread was created?

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

you mean like Pressed Rat?

9. Asmodean

I don't regard him as an ignorant human being, but he's a good example of how subjective something like this is, for example when he declares his opinion about all people who are into sport. Or how he makes a claim that if we prefer to get info from the media rather than from some of the stuff he comes up with that we must be brainwashed (and take everything at face value, which is not so). It can be said Pressed Rat is really ignorant about sport fans. He seems to stereotype all of them.
    I have got to agree in that way PR and some of his convictions about others is a classic and pretty much perfect example. The same probably counts for OP when she was thinking of these 'middling ways of the ignorant', but like I said there are exceptions (for example medieval consensus on solar system before Galileo etc. could convince others)!

10. HollowedHermit

HollowedHermit Members

I used to because my life has been really hard and solitary because of it, but now that the same solitary state has made me very successful and given me focus to be multi-talented, i wouldnt wish it back. i still have no friends, but its by choice because i cant tolerate too many brain farts and time wasting. if you are advanced, use it. its a great tool. become something

11. badphotoguy

badphotoguy Supporter HipForums Supporter

I agree 100%. The less I know, the better I feel and the better I sleep.

1 person likes this.
  12. Emanresu

Emanresu Member

From time to time yes, but I would rather be uncomfortably aware than ignorantly blissful.

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Like these people?

[​IMG]

Hell no.

2 people like this.
  14. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Ignorance is lacking knowledge...I am ignorant of many things. Not many people know everything about everything. Sometimes when people have a different lifestyle or views, others call them ignorant. meh....not sure that's the correct word for that, is it?

15. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Not at all....... I am very happy and grateful to be AWAKE AND AWARE!!

16. RickIsHere

RickIsHere Visitor

Now in my late 50's I've found that the majority of human beings look the other way rather than be confronted with reality.
    I did at one time believe this was true mostly of we here in the United States, but over time I met and worked with various Europeans, Russians, and South Americans and learned that the same is true everywhere.

Not all humans mind you, but the great majority run and hide when confronted with the uglier realities of this human existence and strongly prefer to just not know.
    Young children will sometimes cover their eyes with their hands in the belief that "if I can't see you, then you can't see me".

And many carry that into adulthood.

I can only guess that it's a natural human survival skill... focus on what you can see in front of you because that's often scary enough anyway.
    Human beings.... what are you gonna do? Can't live with them and can't live without them.

1 person likes this.
  17. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Yeah sometimes. It must be so easy to be oblivious and not have to make up your own mind about anything. But I can't live like that.

18. Asmodean

If I was an animal I would enjoy the ignorance (although would I? After all I might be really oblivious to it :p). But alas, I am a witty and conscious human :(