Identifying Magic Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Nfscarbon07, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Nfscarbon07

Nfscarbon07 Members

I bought a magic mushroom grow kit online a few months back and was finally able to see some growth after starting the fruiting process somewhere around a month ago. At the moment there's only 4 caps growing, and I'm not sure which species I've grown (and the website never did identify which species I was receiving (first time growing it)). I've done a lot of looking around and have narrowed my search down to about 3 or 4 different possible species of mushrooms, but can't pinpoint it for sure. I'm asking if there are any better ways to identify a mushroom or if anyone else can give some insight as to what I have growing. The picture may not be the best of quality, and I can take some closer pictures to better identify what it is. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I may have found it, not 100% sure yet but it's something; psilocybe cerbica, the descriptions of it seem to match, but I can't find much with a google image search that matches what I have

Attached Files:

2. ObiJuan

ObiJuan Members

those just look like normal garden mushrooms to me.
    I googled what you were thinking in your edit. And those seem to be more slender, slimy in appearnce, and have a slim sunburst effect in colour.

[​IMG]

3. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

It almost looks like some inky caps:

[​IMG]

Image source: http://www.first-nature.com/fungi/images/agaricaceae/coprinus-comatus1.jpg

Anyway, those look odd for magic mushrooms. Most grow kits are for cubensis mushrooms, as they are the easiest to grow indoors. Then you have various wood loving species which it doesn't seem like you've been growing.

I'm definitely not certain about them being inky caps, but if they are and you decide to eat them, don't drink any alcohol with it! This causes a toxic drug interaction.

1 person likes this.
  4. Pincnoize

Pincnoize Members

Hi guys.
    Please help me. I would like to find out more about a so called Amazonian Warrior. If anyone can tell me more about the shroom or a website where I could find info, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks.