I Just Want To Get This Off My Chest...

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by WonderlostVW73, Dec 30, 2015.

1. WonderlostVW73

WonderlostVW73 Midwest Librarian

So, yesterday I look at the website from my home town and find that one of my old high school friends has been arrested for criminal sexual abuse of a minor. His cousin is my best friend and she calls me losing her shit over it because this guy has spent the last 20 years holed up, staring down and pointing fingers at people that used to be his friends.

This guy worked with disadvantaged children and has a son whom he keeps very close, home schooled, never lets him out of the house.
    He has a wife who came here from the Phillipines with her child from a previous marriage.
    He hasn't worked in three years and the whole family is living in a camper.
    He spends all the money on ham radios.
    He was always weird, very pushy with girls and his mother always pushed girls to like him; saying how great he was and letting dozens of underage girls from the local group home stay at her house, myself included but I never messed with either of her sons. I just always hung out and broke off my relationship with the rest of the family after years of drama and what appeared to me to be manipulation by the guys mother. They're just weird.

The one accusing him is his step daughter who just turned 18. She's shy, very intelligent, has scholarship money to pay for two years of college. She has her own camper at the same camp ground but I was told it remains vacant because he won't let her live in it. He keeps the wife and step daughter very close, no socializing, no car( even though the girl has a car she can't drive it)

He takes her on camping trips, just the two of them.
    He does more with her than with the wife, obviously because the wife is having to work all the time.

This man's mother and his wife, the mother of the child; refused to listen to her or take her to file a complaint with the police so she had to wait until she was 18 to do it. She claims it started 7 years ago, same time she moved in with them permanently.

I'm simply beside myself and have no words for this shit. It's just shit.

Then tonight, I get a call from my other best friend back home who proceeds to tell me that another friend of ours is sending her daughter to testify against the man she was molested by 6 years ago because he has now been released from jail and has a 9 year old daughter who has filed a claim of sexual abuse from him. This man was allowed to do it twice.

Again years ago, my own child was being groomed for sexual abuse by our nanny's boyfriend. He goes to jail. The nanny and her family threaten my daugther and deny that anything ever happened. Yet, when he got out of jail only 2 years later he was immediately charged and convicted of worse offenses by the nanny's own daughter and her foster child who was left with her when our friend passed away. This man is also now free.

What the fuck? What is wrong with people? Who lie, who cover up, who deny, who commit horrible acts against children, who walk away with no more than then their name on a list? What the fuck.

Interested in knowing which state this all happened in?

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Some folks deserve jail for a long time. And need a lot of therapy.

I hope the family gets help.