Bought My First Marijuana Plant At The Store

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Fueled by Coffee, Dec 23, 2015.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

My state recently legalized up to 4 plants to be grown for recreational smoke. My roommate and I just bought a purple diesel clone at the marijuana store which we now have growing in the window sill of our living room.

The last time I grew pot was more than 10 years ago as a guerrilla grower out in the forest, so I'm a bit rusty in my gardening skills.

I figured it would be fine if my roommate and I grew the plant in the window sill and just allowed the plant to get natural sunlight from a south-facing window. But he insists that we should have a light on it 24/7 and he has an LED that he shines on it after sundown. He thinks it will grow faster this way. Is it necessary to have it in 24hr lighting, with natural and artificial lighting?

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's not necessary but I have heard of it. He is probably trying to simulate the longer days of summer and fool the plant into thinking it's not winter.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

sometimes giving a clone 24/7 is the best, as long the lighting is soft.. Id get it out the window and leave it in a lamp room,, fluctuations in sun degrees and windows cause hot spots..

1 person likes this.