Friendliest Places In Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Waya Unega, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Waya Unega

Waya Unega Guest

I haven't been online in a long time, but I have a question. Where are the best places to live in Australia? What I mean is places with good jobs, good friendly people. I'm asking for my cousin. She's lived in Australia a long time, and is currently living in Wollongong NSW. But she's looking to move ASAP, because she's currently stuck in an abusive relationship, and all the neighbors are on his side. She's been through hell for a long time, and she's doing what she can to get away. And I just want to help her find a place where she can live in peace, and make good friends. So any info on good places to live in Australia would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

What about Collingwood?

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lived in the Gong when I was at Uni second time, a whole city of bogans

Sydney sure isnt the friendliest place in aus, but its awesome

Australians might seem friendly at first, but they are all racist without realising it, and all a little backward

4. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

Fremantle WA

5. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

www.hotpeachpages.net has a world-wide directory of domestic violence resources

There may be services that can help place her somewhere that would be good for her

6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Good on you for trying to help.

My guess is that the best thing is to focus on getting her out and safe. Maybe to a shelter or other short-term housing.

From there, she may be able to find something that she likes better long-term.

There's a lot of resource links from the link that I gave above. It may be necessary to check many links/resources until she finds what she needs.

7. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Has your cousin managed to find somewhere else yet?Im from Sth Australia,and lived in a very small friendly town 45 mins from the burbs.

8. Wombat88

Wombat88 Members

Same here, Yogamat. Difference is, I'm still there.