Random Thoughts Thread 004

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AceK, Dec 11, 2015.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Their ideology is certainly cretin, but unfortunately their computer forensics teams probably aren't too retarded. Of course sometimes you can manage to beat a machine being slightly retarded, sometimes you can be an expert and still not be able to beat a well designed system ... but it probably comes down to how smart (or retarded) certain users are, and whether or not they use facebook and talk about the same dumbass shit.

There are also those situations where it is an advantage to make yourself appear more retarded than you really are ...

2. AceK

I haven't done any drugs since before the UNIX epoch, probably explains some stuff kek .... I am very very old cretin lol

seriously though, when do we get SSL, I know hipforums has SSL ... just no cert or something?

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Security/privacy doesn't seem to be that good here. Lots of tracking cookies, for example.

4. newbie-one

Maybe I've brought the feds here. I admit to trying to visit the HLS website recently.

Firefox issues a warning if you try to visit HLS. I forget exactly what it is...bad certificate or something. Anyway, the firefox cop icon shows up.

Ever since my browser has been slow. Lag time between text typed in the navigation bar and its appearance.

Not surprised if I have a key logger

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

uranium pellets for sale, pm me for details..

2 people like this.
  6. AceK

and overzealous ip blacklists ...

"Self destructing cookies" is a pretty neat plugin/addon for mozilla browsers. And don't forget about those LSO "cookies" from sites that use flash.

Don't neglect disabling WebRTC and STUN support either on browsers that implement its capability. (about.config... set media.peerconnection.enabled equal to "false" or 0) ... nasty thing WebRTC, as it isn't implemented using, or a part of HTTP, so IMO it has no place on the "web", and by web I mean HTTP sites running apache on port 80 or SSL/TLS (https://domain/) on port 443.

7. newbie-one

chewable or suppositories?

1 person likes this.
  8. AceK

transdermal, delivered via powder actuated delivery device.

1 person likes this.
  9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I'm thinking about starting a laser cutting and engraving business.

10. AceK

You'd need a decently tall stack of bluray discs to back up all the shit I have ... those music and movies.

my ~/Music/ directory contains 28,760 items, totalling 309.6 GB ... maybe 100 or so of those items are subdirectories, the rest are files.

11. AceK

HLS? dwhls ... ??? wtf is that. A lot of site on the same class C network as HF show similar in their ICANN WHOIS data.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

anyone who thinks they're not already here is living in never land. they just have better things to do with their time then try to track down more then half the population.
    (same goes for every communication technology ever invented. land lines were never secure, and anyone who thinks cellphones are, i mean seriously give me break)
    (the concern with data collection isn't with knowing that you're being watched, anyone with any sense takes that as a given, the reason to object to it, is the lack of any way to guarantee the information won't be misused. to manipulate honest people into doing things that can be used to discredit honesty itself, for one thing, or just about anything else imaginable.)

1 person likes this.
  13. newbie-one

Not the Denver Women's Hockey League Season. Not Harvard Law School, or HTTP Live Streaming either.

14. AceK

truth spoken. We used to love landlines back when they were a thing, those telco boxes and those little green cans with the punch down blocks inside back when dial-up was a thing :p. And fuck no I don't trust cellphones, people think they own those things, they're owned by the carrier basically, and the carriers are sellouts. Unless you build and configure a system yourself, you can't trust it, and then you still might not be able to unless you wrote all the code yourself and can prove theres no flaws (which is impossible, you can only prove you haven't found one yet), and no one can do that. Notice iOS gives you no interface to the filesystem that exposed to the user, apps have limited access to it through APIs ... but they still can't do too much low level stuff without being jailbroken, which voids your warranty. But I trust the GNU project, it's open source, there's a lot of code in it, but anyone can audit it for security at any time, so if backdoors were found it would be shouted around the world immediately and the phony developer who made the pull request and wrote that code and got it merged (this is espionage btw ... a SERIOUS CRIME) would have lots of problems, he would be doxxed to death and there would be many pizzas ordered as thank you's for contributing ;)

That last sentence you typed and I underlined, people should be thinking about that one the most.

15. AceK

Just got my 2 tickets for Star Wars: The force awakens in 3D, got the exact seats I wanted right next to each other. Don't expect to go to the theater 15 minutes before the movie starts and get a seat, much less seats close to each other. I need to watch the last star wars (episode VI) again, even though I've seen it a few times.

I bet this movie in 3d would be cool if you were dosed.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't see in 3D. Well I didn't. Actually I might now with my prescription lenses. The only 3D thing I ever saw was like a dinosaur book with red and blue plastic celephane glasses. :D

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL
    I shudder to think about backing up my crap. Just music and videos we are talking over 2 terabytes....LOL

out of ~ 5 terabytes of drive space I only have about 600 gigs free. :yikes:

Maybe I better get another drive.....

oh wait, I forgot, i have a spare WD caviar black 750 gig drive if I need it.

WHEW! I was getting worried there for a second......LOL

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Fish eggs?

1 person likes this.
  19. AceK

Damn ... I have 4TB but I won't have to worry about running out for a while, but I shudder to think of what would happen were someone the the RIAA or DMCA people discovering all that on my hard drive. But I bought all the stuff myself .. i just don't like discs and prefer keeping it in one place :p ... yep 28 thousand songs .. at 99 cents a track that's a lot of money to spend on music

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I've got over 9 TB worth of drives that are not being used at the moment... Music studio is on hold.