Dogs Are Cool

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by natural philosophy, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Mine doesn't come in the living room. If I was living there that would probably be a different situation, although I am really wondering how other owners of big dogs that take daily walks with them in this wet and muddy season manage to keep their house even remotely clean.

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

my sister hs 2 weiner dogs and a great dane puppy...the dane is almost as long as my dog and mine is a huge pyrenese/maremma cross..........

she is a fanatic about wiping wet feet from the dogs...she even has a 2 gate system in the hall to corral the wet mutts so she can clean feet of one at a time...

at my house I am doing chores with the birds...plus slugging wood into the living room..with the dog I direct his wet ass into my sun room which is old board and baton floor where he can dry off....his coat is built to shed the dry dirt

3. Asmodean

Well here it is really not finished with cleaning his paws. After a walk through wet grass and muddy fields he's wet and muddy allover. Every goddamn day in this season. His back and top of his head are not so bad usually but his lower body like his belly is always muddy and wet after a walk. I guess the living room there is also quite neat.
    But when I saw Irminsul's pic of her shepherd on a couch with a blanket over it (which also looked like a rather neat and clean kept room) I thought if we did that here we would have a muddy floor and have to wash that blanket pretty much on a daily basis.... Maybe they clean their dog every time? Or they're just blessed with less mud (or it's all frozen up there in the mountains or covered in snow already).

4. I called my dog a dummy the other day out of frustration.

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

my dog is white...right now the fields are pure mud and fresh tilled...he sinks up to his dew claws in the stuff.......kind of looking forward to the snow now....plus here it is tick season...really have to check him good many times a day......do you vacuum your dog?....my dog will stay perfectly still and allow me to vacuum him with my shop vac to try and lessen the coating of white dog hair on my wood floors....how can a ball of dog hair travel through the house to a spot where the dog never goes?...its uncanny...probably my most time consuming thing is vacumming the dog hair from the floor ...I hate seeing it

I call my dog way worse on a pretty frequent basis.....

6. La Ya Ya

La Ya Ya Fueled by Espresso Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for Sharing! I loved seeing Chaser finding Darwin!!

1 person likes this.
  7. Asmodean

We do not vacuum the dog himself no. He does sit still when he gets thoroughly brushed though but that doesn't matter after his walk (in esp. this season). He would make a mess if he would be allowed in the house afterwards. The lower half of his body is drenched with water and mud. Those loose tumbleweeds of hair are annoying enough but the muddy stuff is worse. The easiest way to keep him cleaner is to walk with him on the hard roads of course and keep a close watch on him when he wanders of like he does many times during a walk. But that really seems like no fun for both me or him.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Dogs are cool which is what makes this case of animal abuse out of Londonderry NH so sickening.

It's hard to tell its still a dog.
    [​IMG]

Severely neglected dog rescued from New Hampshire home
    9:16 PM EST Feb 11, 2016

9. La Ya Ya

And I thought the English were the world's biggest pet lovers!! That just makes me want to cry!

My dogs are the best and I cherish them every minute I have with them! They are so much fun and they make me laugh more than anything else!

10. Asmodean

Yeah my dog still cracks me up every time too :D He's hilarious!

11. La Ya Ya

My dogs are the non-shedding kind of dogs and need to have their hair cut. I'm very urban so we walk in the street or at the park. Not really much mess at all. I shed more than they do. They are allowed on all the furniture and we like to sit and cuddle in the evening when we watch TV. Do your dogs take notice if there is a barking dog on TV? Mine do. It just too cute, they both go over to the TV to have a closer look.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What a good little dog standing at attention. :)

That ear too, reminds me of my fella when he was young.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our boy is 21 years in dog years, assuming that 10.5 years per year for the first two years is correct. I always thought it was much smaller. Anyway. So he's almost my age. :D in two years. And he reached the terrible twos a few days ago and he's been kinda a jerk about it too. I treated him with shark cartilage. It stinks, but he likes it. :)

He's lost the majority of that dark mask now, and the dark eyes. But he's still awesome. And I wouldn't change him ever. :)

2 people like this.
  14. Asmodean

Every young shepherd goes through that stage from floppy ears to them standing up. It's really too damn cute (and funny) every time :-D

Our former dogs didn't pay any attention to the tv. When inside the house they loved the wood stove the most. When one was lying next to it the other would just lay down upon the other in order to get the nicest spot. They had an growly argument about it every now and then :D
    The current one doesn't come in the living room near the tv, so not sure how he would react.

1 person likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, floppy ears are the best! They'll often erect then when the pups go through teething they'll sometimes flop again. I think the last image with the party hat ears was before teething because I remember his right ear was down through teething and I was a bit worried. I think animals with erected ears are much better than floppy ears. But that's just my preference. I just think, an ear gotta do what an ear does. I don't know why certain traits are bred out, like lopped eared rabbits etc. unless they do that after birth which is really mean but from all my study on dog psychology etc. the ears are best when erect.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBWcY3zoGuQ&feature=youtu.be

yard to short for a a good frisbee run.

1 person likes this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We tried a frisbee, boy went after it, crunched it... The aerodynamics at that stage weren't existent. It wouldn't fly again. I think I needed a purpose built dog frisbee.

18. La Ya Ya

That face - those ears!!! AAAWWWWWW I LOVE HIM!! Shepards are so noble!! I have terriers and they are so FUN!!

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

20. EleanorHernandez

EleanorHernandez Members

Yes you are their is no doubt in it. Dogs are the best. They are more loyal and loving then humans are.